EX-JW meetup in Los angeles

by cyberjesus 15 Replies latest jw friends

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Guys, tomorrow 1/31/10 we have a meet up at 2pm, everybody is welcome. I have attended 3 and I always enjoy them so much.

Social Room at Light & Life Church
    9245 Florence Ave Downey, CA
    Downey CA 90240
    (562) 413-3045

• ILTSF
    ILTSF

Oh, I wish I was closer, that would be fun!

• cyberjesus
  • leec
    leec

Oh wow I can't go tomorrow but I should keep this in mind - I'm in San Diego

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Hey leec, I'm from san diego too. East county to be exact. Which part are you from?

• leec
    leec

Also east county ... La Mesa-ish

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

I knew some people from the La Mesa Cong. I used to be in Bancroft Cong. about 7 seven years ago and then moved to the local spanish congregation to expand my service. I DA'd about a year ago, how about you? Are you still attending meetings?

• villabolo
    villabolo

Please give us more advanced notice.

villabolo

• leec
    leec

I've not been in JW ... I'm currently in a situation though where a close friend from Colorado who is preparing for baptism in February says she sent a "yellow slip" for someone here to have a bible study with me (a blackmail .. she won't have anything to do with me otherwise). I reluctantly agreed, but last time I spoke with her (~ 2 weeks ago) she hadn't handed it in yet, and I have been intentionally avoiding the subject since, whenever I see her online.

Funny though ... according to Google the nearest KH to me looks like one that's supposed to be on Olive Street in Spring Valley, which is the address I gave her to write on the slip. Just this past Friday I drove down that part of Olive Street and kept an eye out for it, but either it wasn't easy to spot with all the light-industrial equipment yards in the area, or it simply isn't there anymore.

Wouldn't it be a *blessing* if it's not there anymore, and this "yellow slip" results in nothing ... all without any intentional word or deed on my part?! That would truly be a sign of Jesus' love for me if that turns out to be the case!

• Piercingtheveil81
    Piercingtheveil81

Actually the KH is on Lamar street on the east side of bancroft. I used to go there. In fact if they do visit you it would be someone from the caongregation that I used to be in. See what happens.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit