My 2nd Foray into this Forum

by TanCatLuvr 9 Replies latest jw friends

• TanCatLuvr
    TanCatLuvr

Thank you for all the warm welcomes...it actually surprised me!

I have to say that I have no place in my heart for GOD (but I do appreciate the concept of a Creator) and that prayer is impossible. I have felt guilty about that for so many years. I see that many of you have drawn closer to God through other religions. But I have not seen anything from people who have a totally different belief, such as Buddhism.

I feel that I may not be welcome here if I have other ideas (that are not based in Christianity). One of the biggest issues/questions that tormented me since childhood is the teaching of not have a soul. Is that teaching still a big no-no with ex-JWs?

Also, I grew up in S. Florida and would be interested in making contact with anyone that I may have known.

I appreciate any and all comments!

• cantleave
    cantleave

There are all sorts on this board, theists, atheists agnostic and even speghetti monster worshippers.

• JWoods
    JWoods

I sometimes have the impression that athiest/agnostic thought may actually be a major segment here, if not a majority.

Generally all beliefs are well treated unless they get up on a high horse and start the bossy preaching.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

What Cantleave said. Many still believe, many others don't. You can feel free to express your feelings/beliefs however you want. Isn't freedom great?

• TanCatLuvr
    TanCatLuvr

It is so hard for me to relate to God of religion. Forget about prayer; I couldn't even pray as a child. I had so many questions that no one would answer and being a JW NEVER felt right. I wanted to fit in and be accepted anywhere, that is why i would keep going back.

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Hi TanCat

Of course your welcome, most of us are pretty open minded especially after being subject to the restrictive mind control of the Borg, so feel free to say what’s on your mind.

Personally my beliefs are in a state of flux, ranging from Christian to Pagan and I love to hear people’s different viewpoints.

• Open mind
    Open mind

How about replacing a pre-meal prayer with a pre-meal TOAST!

That's what we've done. Unless an honorary JW is present, then I'll give him the "privilege" of prayer.

Welcome again to the board.

om

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome again TCL!

but I do appreciate the concept of a Creator) and that prayer is impossible

Do you think if someone could create the whole universe in its grandeur and minute detail He maybe could hear from us all and respond?

It is so hard for me to relate to God of religion.

Me too, religion sucks. I like relationship, not following religious rules.

Blessings,

Stephen

• mouthy
    mouthy

religion sucks. I like relationship Yep! agree with you Chalam

I am a believer in a Creator....I even talk to him often throughout the day
    I belive in some of the Bible ,Especially the words of Christ.
    But you must remember we are FREE! to believe what we want.
    I think religion cause more trouble in the world than anything.
    I just saw on TV where John Travolta who is a Scientoligist ( spelling?)
    piloted his plane to Haiti with DR's medicine, etc,now many run him down
    because of his religion..But when I saw that ...I thought of the words of
    MY GOD!!!! "THIS IS HOW YOU WILL KNOW THEM( HIS FOLLOWERS) BY THE LOVE
    they have among them....." What a loving thing to do!
    If I could read that among the JW"S I would recognise them also with the act of
    LOVE...... But it doesnt come across this way. My daughter MUST NOT speak to me
    because I admitted I couldnt believe Jesus came INVISABLY in 1914...She dont have to
    fly a plane to Haiti to help this old lady.Just pick up the phone & say "HOW ARE YOU MUM"
    would light up MY life

• restrangled
    restrangled

I feel that I may not be welcome here if I have other ideas (that are not based in Christianity).

Any beliefs are welcomed here....and Welcome by the way Tancat....! Relax and post away!

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit