Knock Knock...."Who's there?" They came to MY DOOR!!

by Terry 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

Man! You did so good! All _I_ would be able to come with would be something like 'I'm not interested.'

You actually reverse-witnessed ... or rather ... one-upped - the big dog JW.

I wish!

More likely, I was viewed as sad, pathetic, lost, demon-infested bird bait!

But, thanks!

• Terry
    Terry

I have the 1924 WT book, 'The Way to Paradise' in my tool box drawer at the ready for any JW foolish enough to blunder onto my doorstep and nice photocopy of the 1984 WT cover that promised the 1914 genearation will never pass away.

That's great! You need a little tripod easel like the Mormon missionary uses. Answer the door and ask the JW's to hold on a minute.

Come back with your easel and a blow up of your book and WT cover and place it on the easel without saying anything except: "Any questions?

• Terry
    Terry

When I was a good JW, I remember seeing the moonies at the airport, I always wondered why their eyes looked like frisbees when they talked to you. Now I see that same look on all JW's.

I thought I was simply projecting my expectations on what I was seeing...but--you're right. They DO look hypnotised!

• Terry
    Terry

wow, nice to hear a little about your history

There is a longer (much!) version on Randy's website. Here: http://www.freeminds.org/life-stories/leaders/my-life-in-jehovah-s-service.html?q=terry+walstrom

• Open mind
    Open mind

I go a picture of one of them as they were walking away!

v

v

v

v

v

v

v

http://th06.deviantart.net/fs41/300W/i/2009/021/9/4/Hypnotized_Mom_by_FitzOblong.jpg

Great job Terry!

om

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

Enjoyed your story and especially about the sisters visit and your replies.

• Terry
    Terry

I was sitting here trying to figure out how it feels when you are on the other side of the door with JW's talking to YOU as the householder.

I think it is like running in to an old flame who got you pregnant and made you have an abortion showing up asking you to sign a Planned Parenthood petition.

Do you laugh, vomit, hit them with a chihuahua or act as though nothing ever happened?

The most difficult way to "act" is normal!

• JWoods
    JWoods

Probably they now seem to us just about TWICE as abnormal as they do to an ordinary un-JW-aware person at the door.

• chickpea
    chickpea

great read!

i never was one to know the scriptures
    so i couldnt be quick to counter with
    appropriate words from the source...

i sure am glad you were able to

great read

• Terry
    Terry

i never was one to know the scriptures
    so i couldnt be quick to counter with
    appropriate words from the source...i sure am glad you were able to

When I was at my Dubbiest, I memorized 845 scriptures! (Once a showoff always a showoff) But, I haven't really used any of that

portion of my cranium for a million years.

It is scary-amazing that it just jolted into my mouth like that! Automatic reflex Pavlov would have approved of.

But, for all that----it didn't amount to doodly-squat as far as having an effect.

I was just trying to make the point to Mr. Bigshot Publisher that I knew the scriptures as well as he did. Sort of crass on my part, I suppose.

Sigh.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit