Status within the Org

by Luo bou to 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Have you ever noticed that within the Cong if your not a Elder or Ms you have no status. You may be educated, successful and respected by your worldly colleagues but that counts for nothing. Any Elder with the intellect of a flea who is incapable of having an intelligent conversation thinks he is a superior somebody 'cause he can parrot WT rhetoric

• Dune
    Dune

Very true.

The prosiding overseer in my congregation was an overnight grocery store stocker. I remember him telling us how he was constantly passed over for promotion and how his bosses were "boys" who were half his age.

I think one of the things that draws people to the religion is that it sort of has this social reset button. Men who are ignored and do relatively meanial task in the real world come to a meeting and suddenly they're in a completely different setting where they are admired, respected and even feared.

• hoser
    hoser

Qualifications for an elder. The number 10 or GREATER written on a slip of paper. It has absolutely nothing to do with ability or inteligence.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I never did want to be a hounder--too much work and responsibility. Nor did I want the extra boasting sessions, or having to decide how to run them and have all the other hounders (or the hounder-hounder) tell me that I am wrong.

However, I did not like being told to do things (or not do things) that were nowhere in print. Half the time, they could not produce anything more than a scripture out of context, or a stupid reason to not do something. Nowhere could they produce a washtowel or Kingdumb Misery, let alone show me where it explicitly tells me in the Bible to do (or not do) as they said.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Top 10 Ways to Make Sure You Become an Elder:

10. Green handshake for the C.O. on every visit, also take him and his wife out to dinner.

9. Keep your service report (and your wife's service report) well stocked with more than the national average of hours, placements, RV's.

8. Make sure the elders know you study regularly, very regularly with your wife and children.

7. Take an entire day off during the C.O. visit just to work "in the field." Try to get into the C.O.'s car-group. Have some RV's planned.

6. Buy a minivan, drive often in field service. Take the elders to the pioneers' favorite break spots with your minivan.

5. Have your wife pioneer.

4. You Pioneer, at least aux. pioneer during the month of the memorial.

3. Write checks for your contributions to the Hall, the worldwide work. They will know what you are donating, make it good.

2. Have 4 or more public talks available, ready to give as substitut talks in your own cong. when the visiting speaker doesn't show.

1. Just bend over and do whatever the elders want you to do.

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Another thing re my wife even though I ran a succesfull business and she did not have to work and wanted for nothing I had no status with her 'cause I was not reaching out. She was the Elders darling such a good witness. At home the kids and I suffered she could be a real bitch and when she stopped taking her meds for bipolar all hell would break loose.

• Magwitch
    Magwitch

Luo bou to: She was the Elders darling ....she could be a real bitch and when she stopped taking her meds

Typical of the clueless elders

They get everything wrong! Everytime!

• teel
    teel

Not to mention if you were to "reach out" Luo, she probably would have had to go working too, so less FS and all. I imagine you being "materialistic" enabled her to be a "good witness".

• acolytes
    acolytes

Actually Lou Bo too

.A meak ministerial servent (So meek he would never make an elder) has great status within the congregation and particularly with maniputive elders.

Meak ministerial servent( To meak to be an elder)=congregation dogs body.

Acolytes

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

Not to mention if you were to "reach out" Luo, she probably would have had to go working too, so less FS and all. I imagine you being "materialistic" enabled her to be a "good witness".

Yeah Teel My first priority was to provide for my family as opposed to living in the fantasy world the GB promotes of seek first the kingdom ( do what we say and sell literature) and food will miraculously appear on your table

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit