Are you a Christian? How often do you challenge your beliefs?

by cyberjesus 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Yea DSSYNERGY, its like ignorance can be bliss. Once your eyes are opened, there is no going back.

• inbetween
    inbetween

often, and starting especially sinc ethe WTS put so much emphasis on personal study and family worship, I took also time to find asnwers for deeper questions.

Time and again I could see, the answers found on the WT-Library are not always satisfying, more questions were left open than answered.

This questioning led to seeing inconsistencies in doctrines and even outright contradictions.

once the questioning rreally starts, it doenst end,

It finally led to question even Gods existence.

Now I am after looking again a bit on science (free from WTS approved material) I still see proof for existence of a higher being.

Regarding the bible, I am not sure, since all my faith in Gods word was based upon one-sided information from the ORG.

Esp. some events on the OT make no sense to me...on the other hand, I will make good use of it to help others to see how far the WTS is in many aspects from the true message of Gods word (no matter if it is his word or not)

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Thanks for you answers, remember if you are Consider yourself a Christian, do you challenge your beliefs in Christ? or God? How do you feel about believing? Why do you believe?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

I challenge my beliefs all the time, sometimes here, sometimes by reading things that are opposed to what I believe.

Any belief system that isn't challenge isn't much of a system in my view.

Our beliefs may not have ALL the answers ( and none do), but that is OK.

A believe that a certain amount of faith is needed, but that faith CAN'T be the answer to all the questions or counter-points.

• snowbird
    snowbird

I'm Christian and I challenge my beliefs daily.

Sometimes I fail miserably, but His grace never does!

Hallelujah!

Sylvia

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I think if a person really is serious about challenges his beleifs they need to avoid "confirmation bias" which is not that easy to do.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Confirmation bias (or myside bias is a tendency for people to prefer information that confirms their preconceptions or hypotheses, independently of whether they are true.People can reinforce their existing attitudes by selectively collecting new evidence, by interpreting evidence in a biased way or by selectively recalling information from memory. Some psychologists use "confirmation bias" for any of these three cognitive biases, while others restrict the term to selective collection of evidence, using assimilation bias for biased interpretation....

• Luo bou to
    Luo bou to

The JW God is a very small one whose only purpose is to endorse Wt authority and threaten those who oppose it. Do I challenge my beliefs daily?Let me say instead that I never feel threatened by those that do. I know Jesus loves me and that is all that matters

• snowbird
    snowbird

2 Corinthians 13:5 Test yourselves to make sure you are solid in the faith. Don't drift along taking everything for granted. Give yourselves regular checkups. You need firsthand evidence, not mere hearsay, that Jesus Christ is in you. Test it out. If you fail the test, do something about it. MSG

The Apostle Paul pulled no punches, did he?

Sylvia

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit