Does the leadership/GB of WBTS really believe what they teach, or is it all about business?

by african GB Member 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

While the individual GB members almost certainly don't agree on all points of doctrine (otherwise, where would the "new light" come from?), they do believe the most important doctrine of the WTS/JW religion. Namely, that the GB are the representatives of the FDS of Matt. 24 and that they lead God's Organization.

I think that the GB (like most JWs) see doctrine as secondary. The most important thing is that they lead God's Organization. If you believe this, you can rationalize anything. Just look at the Bible for examples of "God's Organization" being a total train-wreck. The kings of Israel were worshiping idols in the temple, sacrificing their kids to false gods, etc. Thus, any errors/changes/etc. in modern JW doctrine are minor and inconsequential compared to the conduct of ancient Israel. Of course, this line of reasoning only works if you accept the premise that the GB/WTS is "God's Organization." And I think the GB members accept that premise.

So, to sum up, I think the GB believes they are who they claim to be--but don't necessarily believe every bit of current JW doctrine. And I doubt they see much of a problem with that.

• acolytes
    acolytes

Hi AGB

Iam certain that if the Leadership/GB of WBTS took a lie detector test.

Question do really believe .(Name a doctrine...) what you teach

Answer. Yes.

Result. Failed.

Acolytes

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I tend to believe what has already been said namely the individual GB members all have their own sets of beliefs that allow them to deal with the cognitive dissonance produced by years of failed predictions printed in the WT publications.

They definitely are heavily under the spell of confirmation bias which serves to quiet the discomfort of cognitive dissonance and allows them to function in their delusional world of God's Organization on earth:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit