Death ... friend or enemy?

by The Berean 22 Replies latest jw friends

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

I see one of the problems in the human deveopment of the brain that is able to form complexe languages and thought and thus think about the future to a large degree is the pain as well as pleasure such contemplation brings about.

An animal who lives mainly in the "Now" and who's ability to project into the future if far more limited than ours suffers less mental pain about future and its sufferening is mostly related to the here an now, perhaps they are better off than us I don't know.

This ability that we have to look back at the past and project into the future makes us what we are, and is no doubt both a source pleasure and pain.

My personal take on it is: think about it, become philosophical about it, accept it, and do what ever it takes to make your stay here in this life pleasent for you and those around you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fpn_xu81ySo

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

John Lennon said death is getting out of one car and getting into another one. I think that's a very simple, but beautiful way to explain it.

• caliber
    caliber

He has a made everything 1 appropriate in its time . He has also set eternity in their heart , 2 yet so that man b will not find out the work which God has done from the beginning even to the end .

12 I know that there is anothing better for them than to rejoice and to do good in one’s lifetime Eclls. 3

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit