Ministry or Coffee?

by spawn 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• spawn
    spawn

When I was sad enough to be in the borg I was always puzzled be the Ministry.

From the platform you were encouraged to go out as often as you could and do as many hours as possible.

But in reality before you go to the territory you decide where you are going to have coffee and then you would walk as slow as possible chatting and maybe knocking on a few doors. If the GB decided to change the system from the number of hours worked to the number of doors knocked and mags placed would the Dubs be as zealous?

Would it not be better just going to the coffee shop and leaving loads of mags on the tables?

• cantleave
    cantleave

and then you would walk as slow as possible chatting and maybe knocking on a few doors.

You forgot to add "as quietly as possible so the householder wouldn't hear"

• yknot
    yknot
    If the GB decided to change the system from the number of hours worked to the number of doors knocked & mags placed would the Dubs be as zealous?

Oh that ain't never gonna happen!

Why because they already know that fudging is on the rise despite reproof in the God's Love book and they also want to cut back on printing WT/Awakes because they know they don't really work........

Consider last May's KM commentary and discern how many times this line of thought is echoed during the SM by the conductor

*** km 5/09 p. 3 par. 5 Make Good Use of Our Publications ***

5 Placement of Publications: We strive to place our publications only with those who show genuine interest. Keep in mind that we are the ones primarily responsible for the financial coverage of these valuable tools in our ministry. When leaving a publication with interested ones, do not hesitate to inform them of the privilege they have to support the worldwide work with their donation.

Yes......long gone are the days of leaving pubs with 'intersted ones' (ie: ones who would just take them to get you to leave) no now it is only ones with genuine interest (poor schmuck going through some personal tribulations)........which of course is few and far between these days. These pubs are a big drain financially on the WTS since the donation arrangement was implemented and many JWs stopped donating or lessened the amounts given for pubs received from the lit servant.

• spawn
    spawn

Surely everyone is a potential victim and therefore you shouldn't pick and choose who you leave a mag with

• dissed
    dissed

Coffee...That is the one JW habit I still follow with pleasure.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i shake my head in wonder when
    i read the things about the coffee
    breaks and pioneer shuffle...

the two pioneers i worked with
    (pioneer assist program) never
    padded hours, we always got
    coffee to go...

man did i hang out with the wrong crowd!!

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Don't hate on the coffee breaks. It is the one thing that keeps potential apostates sane!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit