Matthew 25:40 and conservatism.

by John Doe 22 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

Do not mistake government redistribution of wealth for Christian Charity.

Psychologists will tell you that the primary benefit of forgiveness accrues to the forgiver, not the forgiven. Charity works much the same way (or should). The one giving of himself actually gains the most benefit - morally and spiritually, not materially. The receipient gains two things, the short term allieviation of a his problem, and an example to follow for the future. Government redistribution short circuits this process on both sides. Those that should be giving of themselves, voluntarily, may come to believe that they have been relieved of the responsibility, and the receivers come to think that they have a right (entitlement) to whatever they are being given.

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    Psychologists will tell you that the primary benefit of forgiveness accrues to the forgiver, not the forgiven.

Psychologically, there is an enormous difference between accepting the charity of another, and knowing it, and feeling entitled to a benefit from a faceless State.

BTS

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

So what do you call it when a free enterprise government ruins a world economy?

Quote from someone above" and they are inherently evil, " One cannot assume that all people are evil. Most are taught.

I was taught to be kind by my mother who was very religious. I donated blood and money last Saturday. I don't think that is evil.

When a country has nothing, we should do nothing to help? I hope that is a minority.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit