Anyone Interested in a Bible Study - ex JW

by [email protected] 19 Replies latest jw friends

• leec
    leec

i would, if it made sense and was thoughtful and balanced

• ziddina
    ziddina

Urk! I am strongly tempted, but for the most heinous of reasons... I just jumped into a situation in which it would be 'convenient' to appear to be an interested person seeking "The Truth"™, and since I left the JWs because I figured out that the bible had all-too-human origins, I didn't bother to learn the minutia of that particular Middle-Eastern regional gods' books... Zid

• finallysomepride
    finallysomepride

Mr Crabs doesn't seem to be home

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Here's a preview of Ernies bible lessons. I think it gives a glimpse of his views to decide if you would be interested in his study. Apparently he believes that Jesus "paid for our sins" by standing in for a goat as a sacrificial blood slaughter. Same idea--transferrence of blame for your wrong-doings instead of taking personal responsibility for your actions. And, in the last sentence he may be inferring that he "is called".

What is our purpose in life? Is this all there is? Do we just die, and that's it? Or could it be true that Jesus Christ died to pay for our sins so that we can have eternal life and when we die we are resurrected ot a life that Revelation 21: 1-4 describes. There was a reason Jesus died on a cross.

So, I suggest you read the Bible and then you can have some idea of what it says about truth, law, salvation, redemption, hope, love and every good thing that God gives to His creatures. "And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purpose" -Romans 8:28

• goldensky
    goldensky

Thanks for offering, E. Zenone. I'm sure the invitation comes from a sincere heart.

• designs
    designs

E. What was your attraction to John Calvin's particular interpretations, T.U.L.I.P.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Welcome to the forum Ernie.

May I suggest a study of Jesus and the fig tree?

You can join in here. Jesus Curses the Fig Tree

Cheers

Chris

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

It’s a nice offer and although I am happy to discuss different believes and interpretations of the Christian and other faiths I don't think a study is for me.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Welcome Ernie!

BTW you might not want to use that ID with your email in or you will have loads of spam in no time.

Nothing to do with this board, just the internet in general.

I don't think you can change it so you will need to kill it off and start again. A bit like your old faith ;)

Blessings in Christ,

Stephen

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

I'm not one of the Chosen. It has been Double Predestined that I will spend Eternity in Hell.

Seriously, though, I cannot get on board with Calvinism.

Thank you for the offer, however. I have a number of wonderful friends at work who are Presbyterians. They have a strong faith and a strong love for God. They also do good works for their neighbors.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit