nightmares after leaving

by myownlife 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

Yup. While I was in my last few years still totally believing what the Witnesses taught, but having strong moral objections to it, I used to have a lot of very vivid dreams about dying in Armageddon. Usually they would involve me desperately racing to get home to tell my family that I loved them and goodbye, but I'd never get there in time. I'd feel God catch up to me, then I'd wake up.

Now I'm not a Witness anymore in my heart, but I still have to keep the pretense up for my family. I have dreams about making a massive scene at the meetings and walking out, or having massive heated, no-going-back-from arguements with my parents where I'd prove to them that everything about the Org was a lie.

Apparently my subconcious is very literal when it comes to my religon-based dreams!

• Losteverything
    Losteverything

You were lucky you were able to fade out. I was disfellowshipped over 2 years ago because they told me since they couldnt prove I had not done something It was easier to assume I had. Best part is I hadn't done anything. Well anyway I have nightmares a few times a week still. Usually involving my family telling me they want nothing to do with me, I always wake up crying. Hopefully one day they will end when I learn to let go of my family that was so willing to let go of me.

• Heaven
    Heaven

myownlife, welcome to JWN!

I used to have nightmares off and on my whole life, many that included demons. Since learning the real truth about the WTS and having my suspicions verified by information on the Internet and in Ray Franz's books, I no longer have the demon nightmares.

One tactic to use at night is to focus on something positive and upbuilding before going to bed. Get your mind thinking on a project you're looking forward to working on or a joyful experience you've had. This tends to help me have beautiful dreams instead of horrible ones.

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

I've had some reoccuring dreams: 1. That I'm back with my old friends at the KH and no one seems to remember I'm df. 2. Was tricked into going to a 4-day District Convention. (Those conventions were some of my worst childhood memories. Feel for the kids that were stuck at the week-long hellventions!) 3. For some reason I'm at the hall and topless. Go into the bathroom and cover up with a queer headscarf used when "sisters" had to conduct the field service arrangements and prayer. LOL! I remember being a little kid seeing that for the first time and thinking there's a lot of really weird things about the KH!

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

OMG Dissed!! Your comment is too funny!

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

LostEverything said:

I was disfellowshipped over 2 years ago because they told me since they couldnt prove I had not done something It was easier to assume I had. Best part is I hadn't done anything. Well anyway I have nightmares a few times a week still. Usually involving my family telling me they want nothing to do with me, I always wake up crying.

I'm so sorry you are going through this! "By their love, you shall know them."

Welcome to the forum, you are in a good place. Keep reading and keep posting... it really does get better.

Love,
    Baba.

• Think About It
    Think About It

Losteverything.........welcome to the forum.

Think About It

• Losteverything
    Losteverything

Thank you both! I do appreciate it. I'm new to the site and was thinking about taking the time to post my story, It's a long one though! :-)

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

LostEverything,

Oh, by all means, yes! Please post your story. We love "story time" and you are with people here who have been through it and who understand.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I had my first JW related dream recently. In the dream, one of the guys who conducts the study asked if I read the part of the chapter in the Bible (doesn't) Teach book. I said I did not and he goes ballistic with yelling at me, as I turn around and walk away down the hill.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit