Will someone answer these questions?

by Danni 38 Replies latest jw friends

• teejay
    teejay

Danni,

I won't bother trying to answer anymore of your questions. My friend Alan has answered them very well.

What I was wondering is if my understanding of your presence here was accurate. If I read you right, you are involved with a JW. Is that correct? If it is, you are likely to have more questions as time goes on. When you do, feel free to return here with your questions and compare the answers you get here with the answers you get from your friend.

You might even find that we have answers that your friend doesn't. You have found a very valuable resource here.

Later,
    tj

• seven006
    seven006

Danni,

Your questions and interest on this subject matter are great. Your situation is not normal but it is also not uncommon. A lot of JW's live double lives especially when it comes to interest in a person of the opposite sex who is not a member of the religion. What they feel and what they are told to feel are usually two different things.

His embarrassment involving you wanting to go to a church meeting is not a surprise to any of us. If you went with him his association with you would be found out and he would be questioned extensively on the matter. To seek out a relationship with an outsider is very much against their teaching. Dating or slowly developing any kind of intimate relationship with a woman outside the religion will cause him a lot of trouble. Women are to be under complete subjection to their husbands and the only reason for dating in their eyes is for marriage. A woman who is a police officer would be a big problem when it came to the subservient wifely image. If you did take this relationship further it would mean big trouble for him. If you took it all the way and you wanted to become a JW you would have to kiss your job good-bye.

I was a police officer at one time myself. It was many years ago and before the JW's put a ban on any of it's members owning any kind of a gun. They are taught to have respect for law officers but not to have them as any kind of social association. If you are indeed having any kind of relationship beyond an innocent friendship this man you are interested in has stepped way over the line and he knows it. It has happened many times before. I hate to say it but if he wants to remain in good standing in his congregation you should prepare yourself for the big blow off fairly soon.

Take care,

Dave

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

I see Mr. Genius is posting. Mr. Genius goes to college and when he gets out; he thinks he is smarter than all of you. Boy, I should go to college for four years so I can tell everyone that I learn our forefathers was apes and the ransom of Jesus doesn't mean anything to us.

• flower
    flower

i'm not a witness but i dont like cops cause everyone i've ever known has been more dishonest than most of the criminals they are supposed to be protecting us from.

the latest incident involved me driving down a narrow residential street on a dark winter morning a couple of years ago. suddenly in the road in front of me was a car door just sitting there wide open into the street. it was too late for me to stop or swerve once i saw it so i hit it at about 30 mph. guess who? yup a police office. getting ready to go to work was up on the sidewalk getting his 'gear' ready to go into the trunk of his little red sports car. of course the report reads that he had a light on the door of the car and so i should have seen it. so i get a careless driving ticket and a speeding ticket to add to my collection. they are assholes thats why i hate em. (just talking about the ones around here though...i dont know you and i dont prejudge)

• seven006
    seven006

Danni,

Just so you can get a little idea of the typical JW way of thinking, Fredhall is a JW.

Take notice of how he posts and you will be able to get a little idea of what we are talking about.

Take care,

Dave

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Danni,

Dave is not a JW. So you can see he live a low life.

• expatbrit
    expatbrit

Keep going Fred! This is good stuff!

Expatbrit

• seven006
    seven006

Fred,
    you are priceless. Please don't ever change.

Dave

• Fredhall
    Fredhall

Dave,

That is strange. Jessica Alba told me that I was priceless too.

• Danni
    Danni

flower: (just talking about the ones around here though...i dont know you and i dont prejudge)

I appreciate that. And I know first hand what you are talking when it comes to corruption in our organization. I have seen it. At the same time there are many of us who will report on bad cops. We may not all be good but there are many of us who are. Look at our brothers in blue in NY durning the world trade center terrorist attack. They are perfect examples of good cops.

seven006 Danni,

Just so you can get a little idea of the typical JW way of thinking, Fredhall is a JW.

Take notice of how he posts and you will be able to get a little idea of what we are talking about.

Fredhall
    Danni,

Dave is not a JW. So you can see he live a low life.

Let's not fight I don't want to cause fighting between anyone that's not my intentions.

If you did take this relationship further it would mean big trouble for him. If you took it all the way and you wanted to become a JW you would have to kiss your job good-bye.

No we didn't do anything sexual, I am sure that's what you mean. I can respect anyones beliefs about his body. As a matter of fact that's one of the things that I like about him. I don't meet many (if any) men who have this much respect for their bodies it seems to be something we expect from women not men.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit