The "Conscious of their Spiritual Need" Class

by cattails 21 Replies latest jw friends

• cattails
    cattails

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3587/3427325037_fed30b7df4.jpg

I've started considering myself one of the members of the conscious class. And this post is aimed at those still in and feeling trapped.

At Matthew 5:3 Jesus said: “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them."

That being the case I'm going to be partaking of the emblems this March 30th, God willing.

If you're still in and your eyes have been opened, if you are conscious of a spiritual need within you that the WT isn't recognizing...

Then praise God and Christ and keep remembering the ransom sacrifice that purchased your salvation and that for all people.

If you're of the "Conscious Class" partake this year. Be brave, be strong, be a Christian unashamed of the Good News.

Take of the emblems and declare you're "conscious of your spiritual need" as Matthew 5:3 brings out.

• Perry
    Perry

Congratulations Cattails.

Just a reminder what it is all for:

The New Covenant (Testament) is for the REMOVAL OF SINS, the same way the Old Covenant was... except with Jesus himself as the Lamb.

Romans 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through his blood, even the forgiveness of sins:

Hebrews 12:24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, and to the blood of sprinkling, that speaketh better things than that of Abel.

1 Timothy 2:5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

Matthew 26:28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Luke 22:20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

These Scriptures make it clear that (1) forgiveness is ONLY in the blood (2) the Blood is ONLY accessible by the New Covenant (The terms Testament and Covenant are interchangeable) (3) The New Covenant is ONLY accessible through Jesus...the Mediator of the Covenant. So, the road to escaping Judgment is clear: Jesus (Mediator) > New Covenant >Blood that washes away Sin > Forgiveness.

(Jesus > New Covenant > Blood > Forgiveness)

Jesus didn't die for for Adam like the WT claims....he died for us, so we don't have to. There is no LIFE and no forgiveness and no escape from judgment outside of the New Covenant.

• cattails
    cattails

Thanks so much Perry. I fully agree about Jesus being the Mediator for all people and that his sacrifice brought salvation to all putting faith in him and his resurrection.

I appreciate your words of faith so much. Thank you.

As I mentioned in another post:

It may very well be a means of telling the GB that there are a lot of "Awake & Conscious" Witnesses among the throngs sitting in KH's all over.

• wobble
    wobble

Dear Cattails,

I wish you well in your efforts to get many to partake, 144,000 plus would do the trick, but an extra 1,000 in reality would shake things up.

The problem many of us have who are DF'd, DA'd, or long time faded, is that we would not be counted by the Elders, because we are not in "good standing", though what right hey have to judge our standing with God I know not. Or how they, who are not of the Annointed can judge who is ?

As I said Good Luck !

Love

Wobble

• cattails
    cattails

Thanks for your answer wobble, and I appreciate your situation, but what about going an hour away for such an event to a congregation where you aren't known. Tell them you're traveling and have a new song book and NWT with you. How would they track you? Would they hold the numbers figure until they get confirmation from another congregation that you're an active Witness? They would most likely be glad that this anointed brother or sister was present and thought the event so important as to stop by the nearest KH to partake.

But for those still trapped int the Borganization perhaps it would be a good message to the Governing Body that there are "Awake & Conscious" Witnesses sitting in among others in the KHs all over who know Jesus is indeed their Mediator a are going to follow his command to "keep doing this in memory of me".

(Matthew 5:3) “Happy are those conscious of their spiritual need, since the kingdom of the heavens belongs to them."

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Yes, the hounders can prevent you from counting if you start partaking while disfellowshipped or long-time inactive. That would prevent 144,001 apostates from partaking and throwing off the count of "anointed".

However, there is a way to do it at home. Remember, the object is that all should be able to observe anyone that partakes. Can that be said at the Kingdumb Hell? If I am sitting near the front, could I see someone in the back row or in one of the back rooms partaking? I don't think so. Better to do it in family groups, or in groups of around 12 people. (The number is not absolute, but it should be small enough so all present can readily observe anyone partaking). Get some whole wheat flour and water, and use that to make the crackers--any good, unadulterated red wine will do the trick. It may be useful to read some scriptures, but that is not really necessary and one should not focus too much on what went on in the past as what it means now.

Or, if you really want to reject Jesus, you can do that just as easily at home as you can at the Kingdumb Hell. Just don't go.

• dssynergy
    dssynergy

I am in and feeling trapped. Consider myself part of the Consciousness Class in that I believe we must follow God's word and our conscious, rather than any man, including the elders, or GB. I'm very intrigued by this discussion about the NC. I can see that it could apply to all men, that Jesus is said to be the mediator between God and men, and that there was no distinction between which men those were, anointed or not.

However, if the NC applies to me, does that mean that I would change my "calling" and suddenly become aware that I have a heavenly hope? I don't believe I do. Although I still need to do more research, the whole idea of Jehovah needing 144,000 in heaven never made sense to me in the first place. If Jesus is the perfect judge ~ why would he need 144,000 helpers?

Am I missing something?

Just on a side note, if the Conscious Class really does believe that they are part of the anointed, and that the memorial emblems do pertain to them ~ then I wholeheartedly agree that partaking is the way to get the GB's attention. If there are enough who feel the same way, perhaps it will cause the GB to reexamine their theology and entertain some "new light"

DS

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

dssynergy, many of us have discovered that there aren't two different callings. Jesus opened the way to heaven. Period. The great crowd is in heaven. The 144k are in heaven. The 144k may or may not be a literal number but it doesn't matter since it isn't the exclusive heavenly group. As Christians, we are instructed to partake.

Sorry, there will be no pet lions if you die. But there will be something better. Earth is for the living.

(Note: I don't know whether I believe in the above or not, but I have come to the conclusion that it's what the Bible "really" teaches.)

• dissed
    dissed

mad sweeny

I have similar feelings as well. The New Testament, CG Scriptures only point to a heavenly calling. The thought or concept of an Earthly hope is not found there.

I used to point to "the meek would inherit the Earth" as a Paradise scripture only to be corrected when I served at Bethel. Firmly told that JC meant that for the annointed.

The 'Great Crowd' of Revelation when read in context, is obviously refering to heaven. The WTS for decades used it correctly as applying to a heavenly group and only changed it when 144,000 stuff stopped making sense in the 1930's.

Eye opening to me, was our instructors at Bethel made it clear that the entire CG Scriptures were written for the annointed. Not that we couldn't benefit from them, but it wasn't written specifically for us.

The way the GB of the WTS portrays the memorial service is to seperate Christians into two classes with one being a 'have not' and the other being elevated as Kings above everyone on Earth. That is far from the original intent.

The very word 'Christian' implies ALL are close followers of JC teachings. JC only taught the heavenly hope.

• designs
    designs

dissed, Madsweeny, dssynergy-

Just to clarify a point of official teaching among the Protestants and Catholics- they all formally teach that the saved will live forever on earth, heaven is only a temporary home and all return with Jesus.

That said, enjoy your new Seder.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit