Drawing away disciples after myself? Or Jesus?

by sd-7 11 Replies latest jw friends

• LUKEWARM
    LUKEWARM

Very powerful sd-7!

Thank you for penning your experience/approach and suggestions to help our loved ones.

I explained to her that I considered these errors as very serious, not merely evidence of imperfection, but evidence of a serious lack of humility and willingness to simply listen to God's Word rather than speculate about his future plans.

Beautifully expressed!

Talking about our own feelings takes the burden away from them trying to justify themselves and helps to open a closed mind.

DNCall said: It has worked out well for us simply because we were willing to face the facts, such as the ones you list in your 3rd paragraph.

So true - the willingness and the desire to be honest with ourselves need to be there to begin with in order to make progress toward unbiased learning.

I remember my own awakening when I found out about Ray Franz on this website. Despite the WTS indoctrination that we should shun former members, I could not get past the fact that this man had spent 50+ years in the organization and I just needed find out why he left - I had the willingness to face the facts and then make up my own mind as to the validity of that information - Now im trying to cultivate that same desire in others to face the facts...

Best wishes with your wife sd-7!

• sd-7
    sd-7

Thanks, Lukewarm. To update on this, I've got Borg cubes approaching at Warp 8. That is, my wife just got confused and now wants the elders to be involved. That being said, it's possible I will be DF'd if I make a stand then and there. I have the option of merely playing along simply for the sake of maintaining their trust. Which isn't exactly much these days, but it might be there.

Honestly, if I calmly explain reality to them, they have no real defense to offer. It's just a matter of whether or not I want to do that now. At the very least, I know my wife is not going to be the same. It's just a matter of getting her to read Crisis of Conscience or about mind control--I'm not sure any amount of evidence can convince a person of reality better than that.

We'll see what happens. It'll be over in less than a week. I can either buy some time for myself or I can unload with both barrels on the elders. Genuinely a hard choice right now. We'll see.

SD-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit