Fascinating discussion I had with a former dub some time back on Facebook

by JimmyPage 16 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou for sharing. this is the sort of thing i need to talk to my kids about too.

oz

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

I'm glad you're enjoying this, I thought a lot of people here could relate to it.

• Balsam
    Balsam

All the talk within the organization is that a parent that leaves simply throws their children away; is unforgivable selfish, and blinded by Satan.

I find it interesting the individual made this comment because this is what I was told 8 years ago. I was forced to leave my 13 year old son with his JW father because my son said he wanted to remain with his dad. His Dad was going to fight for custody of him if I tried to take him or convince my son to leave with me. Though my children's Dad put me in this position, the Elders made me the bad Mom. I was the selfish parent \ because I didn't want to remain in the witnesses after it contributed to the death of one of my sons because of blood. Well I decided to bid my time and let my son learn for himself who really loved him and had his best interest at heart. It took a few years be he now knows who the real enemy of his well being was, his Dad and the witnesses.

The Elders had told me that my leaving was like my throwing my children away and I am so selfish that I would not be considered for reinstatement till 10 years had passed. I looked at them told them the truly bad parent was my soon to be ex-husband and that will become clear to anyone with eyes in time. I'm thankful I was able to help my son leave the mind control it took a lot of patience and time but he is doing well now.

Ruth

• lancelink
    lancelink

wow,

this was one of the few threads/discussions on this site that I actually had to go into another room to read the entire story, and experiences from everyone.

Thank you everyone who contributed a story, or opinion here.

I really, really appreciate your honesty !

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers
    Outside the organization, if you ask former JW's who are fixated on deriding the organization and spend their waking hours telling stories of how false the religion and it's people are, you will only get distracted and confused. I stay away from those sad people. My heart goes out to them though, but they seem to be stuck in their own misery.

Well, I've got to disagree with her on this. Evil triumphs when good men do nothing.

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

Yes, she says she was "deeply loyal in ways she didn't recognize". All too common when people don't recognize the true nature of the borg, that is- it's a freaking mind control cult!

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

Thank you for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit