Christian group helps starving Hatians by sending them Solar Powered e-Bibles

by Elsewhere 14 Replies latest jw friends

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

http://www.news.com.au/breaking-news/earthquake-survivors-get-solar-powered-bibles/story-e6frfku0-1225821184929

Earthquake survivors get solar-powered bibles

AS international aid agencies rush food, water and medicine to Haiti's earthquake victims, a US faith-based group is sending Bibles to Haitians in their hour of need.

Not just any Bible.

These are solar-powered audible Bibles that can broadcast the holy scriptures in Haitian Creole to 300 people at a time.

Called the "Proclaimer," the audio Bible delivers "digital quality" and is designed for "poor and illiterate people", the Faith Comes By Hearing group said.

According to their website, the Proclaimer is "self-powered and can play the Bible in the jungle, desert or ... even on the moon!"

The Albuquerque-based organisation said 600 of the devices were already on their way to Haiti.

It said it was responding to the Haitian crisis by "providing faith, hope and love through God's Word in audio".

With tens of thousands of Port-au-Prince residents living outdoors because their homes have collapsed or they fear aftershocks from last week's quake, the audio Bible can bring them "hope and comfort that comes from knowing God has not forgotten them through this tragedy", the group said.

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

Well, considering how many Haitians are Christians, I'm sure this will be well received. Especially since they also sent goods.

• beksbks
  • dinah
    dinah

Jesus wept

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Well received? You aren't serious. How about sending a solar powered water distiller. Now that might be well received.

This is the sickest thing I ever heard of.

• dinah
    dinah

Christianity has lost its humanity. Heh heh I just posted about "tities"

• villabolo
    villabolo

How about solar powered cookers?

villabolo

• dinah
    dinah

I guess those poor VooDoo practicing children of Satan should starve or accept Christ, huh?

(hope you guys know that is dripping with sarcasm)

• Twitch
    Twitch

FUBAR

• bluesapphire
    bluesapphire

LOL ... 'scuse my lapse in judgement.

But at least they DID send food. I mean they could have sent leftover Watchtower and Awakes!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit