My experience

by spawn 15 Replies latest jw friends

• spawn
    spawn

Thought I'd better say Hi!

To say I was once a "worldly person" would be an understatement. I consider myself to be a man who has "been there and done that" and enjoyed all the pleasures of the world. Then one day I met someone who was in the "truth" if that’s what you like to think it is, we dated and much to the annoyance of some of her family we decided to get married. I started going to the meetings and was slowly sucked into the hype, after asking two or three Elders for a study and being ignored each time I went to an elder in the sister congregation and he was happy to help. It was only after I got baptised that I started to notice the cracks in the facade. I went on the min and was used in the meetings and got to know how the org worked and that was when I knew I had been fooled by it all, I was still an outsider in the congregation and was an expert people watcher, you were told to love one another and treat them as your family but when I noticed that you had the “Us and Them” groups with certain brothers and sisters being ignored and the total insincerity that was given to all but a few. Perhaps because I had come into the truth I noticed things that those who were born into it didn't.

The week in week out guilt trip they put you on if you missed a meeting or you weren’t doing enough field service. The Brothers who gave talks on subjects that they themselves didn't obey to. Then you had the evil vindictiveness of certain m/s and elders against others because they didn't like them. Even when help was asked for I never got it.

When I was worldly I had a social group of friends who would look after and do anything for each other, I couldn't say that about the org.

For me it came to a head when the P/O and other elders kept asking me if I knew things about brothers to stop them from becoming m/s or elders or just to find things out so as they could use at a later date, also the persecution of two or three brothers by a power crazed P/O which almost destroyed the congregation. After that the meetings were never the same, you could feel the tension in the hall for months, This proved to me that there was no love in the congregation and if these people were Christians did I want to end up like some bitter twisted old man like those around me. These things and other stuff that I haven't mentioned finally confirmed what I had been thinking for some time "If there was a God them you can keep him because I don't believe in one any longer".

My wife and I have a three year old son and one due in three weeks and between us we have decided that the Org is no place to bring up children that is another reason why we have left.

I would like to thank all that post on this site for answering some of the questions I have had in the past couple of years about the GB and Borg and there corrupt ways.

• megaflower
    megaflower

Hi and welcome. Many of the things you stated I saw in the many halls I attended. Once your eyes are opened you can see that the whole thing is a sham. It is wonderful to be free from that cult.

• lavendar
    lavendar

So happy you found out about the WTS cult....not only for YOUR sakes...but for the sake of your children. They will thank you one day!

There is no love in the Jehovah's Witness congregations because they are not serving the TRUE God.....He is simply NOT THERE. God IS real...and He loves you. He's never had anything to do with the WTS cult. They are just one of many False Prophets on this earth that Jesus warned us about.

All the best to you and your family. Congratulations on your new little one!

• Hopscotch
    Hopscotch

Hi spawn and welcome. That is fantastic that both you and your wife are now out while your child is still so young.

The things you mention that you saw going on were exactly the things my husband and I saw during our 40+ years as JWs. After a while, the 'they're just imperfect men' excuse wears thin and your eyes are opened to the reality of it all.

And you're right - outside of JW's is where you will find true friends who do genuinely care and look out for each other. And they do it because they want to.

All the best to you and your family for the rest of your life of freedom outside the org.

Hopscotch

• LittleSister
    LittleSister

Hi Hun at last we can put the hell of the last few years behind us and look forward to our new baby and our new life together.

• spawn
    spawn

Thanks Babe Love you too!!

• sherah
    sherah

The cliques, the power plays among the brothers, the lack of sheparding, phoney love etc are pretty much in every congregation. Welcome.

• HappyGuy
    HappyGuy

Hello spawn and LittleSister,

I came to these same conclusions after 22 years. I am glad that you shared your experience and that you will be building your family in the real world.

I especially liked your comment that when worldly you had a close circle of friends who would do anything for each other and in the cult you did not have that.

Welcome.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Another couple joining JWN...how exciting! Welcome.

• readyornot
    readyornot

Hi and welcome. It's great your kids will have a chance to be just that... kids. I was raised in at 5 and get to live the childhood I never had through my own. You have some exciting times ahead.

Glad you two are out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit