Quiz: What do these have in common?

by Simon 20 Replies latest jw friends

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

The Internet.

• zerubberballz
    zerubberballz

Hi Closer,

Think back to Russels time. You were there weren't ya? American Captain what's his face "discovered" the North Pole and the Norwegian Armageddonson conquered the South Pole. These were huge front page news and on everyones lips. Do you think Russell would overlook thier propaganda value? I can immagine him now "Man has finally taken control of even the remotest parts of Gods sovereign earth"

Barbed wire .. the taming of the wild lands in preparation for the wilderness destroying bible students to make the deserts blossom as the rose? Submarines, man finally conquering the seas, skyscrapers men trying to reach God himself like the tower builders of babel ... etc... etc... Oh how fun to be a Pastor Russell in those days .. just print any old rubbish and sell it as gospel. lol

unclebruce

• closer2fine
    closer2fine

*shaking my head* what a load of crap.

closer

• Focus
    Focus

Here, let us give it a twist!

Simon wrote:

This will test you knowledge of WT history ... what do all the following items have in common:

Adding Machines
    Aeroplanes
    Aluminum
    Artificial Dyes
    Automobiles
    Barbed Wire
    Bicycles
    Darkest Africa
    Electric Railways
    Escalators
    Dynamite
    Motion Pictures
    North Pole
    Panama Canal
    Railway Signals
    South Pole
    Submarines
    Sky Scrapers
    Subways
    Telephones
    Typewriters
    Vacuum Cleaners

Well, I am going to add to this list. And all but three of my additions are genuinely items from the same Watchtower list that Simon used.

Antiseptic surgery
    Automatic couplers
    Carborundum
    Cash registers
    Celluloid
    Correspondence schools
    Cream separators
    Disk ploughs
    Divine Plan of the Ages
    Electric welding
    Exclusive grape diet
    Fireless cookers
    Gas engines
    Harvesting machines
    Illuminating gas
    Induction motors
    Linotypes
    Match machines
    Millennial restitution wheat
    Monotypes
    Pasteurization
    Radio disease killer
    Roentgen rays
    Shoe sewing machines
    Smokeless powder
    Radium
    Sky scrapers
    Talking machines
    Wireless telegraphy

Can you point out which are the three fake entries?

As almost all the responses so far have been floundering, I shall helpfully add that Rev. 18:1; Ezek. 43:2; John 1:9; Matt. 25:31; Titus 2:13 provide the clues as to what all the items (all of which have been discovered since 1874, a date with great Biblical significance, and before 1918) in the two genuine lists have in common.

"For here lies wisdom..."

--
    Focus
    (The Finnish Musketry Class)

• chappy
    chappy

The Plan, the Wheat and the Schools.

• Focus
    Focus

chappy wrote:

The Plan, the Wheat and the Schools.

Only 1 of the above 3 is fake. Guess again, please.

--
    Focus
    (Thanks for your help in http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=18769&site=3 ! Class)

• battman
    battman

What about the huge threat from the
    disgusting, pus filled, vile "vaccinations" ?

hahahahahahaha

battman

• Eric
    Eric
    I just don't get the reasoning.

Closer2fine,

This is a good thing for you, as ratcheting up the end time prophecy is all about irrational hysteria, and has no basis in reason.

Eric

• Simon
    Simon

No one has got it exactly right:

According to the WTS / Rutherford in "The Harp of God" published in 1921, they are all unmistakable proof that Jesus had already arrived in 1874.

I'm going for the 'grape diet' one as a product of our time and not 70 years ago. Wireless telegraphy? Did they have mobile phones back then? LOL

• Focus
    Focus

Simon wrote:

No one has got it exactly right

W H A C K ! ! !

On the contrary - I got it absolutely right.

While YOU, SIMON GOT IT WRONG.

The items FIRST appeared in a Watchtower publication here:

REVELATION 18
    THE FALL OF ECCLESIASTICISM

Revelation 18:1
    (And) after these things.- As another view of the Harvest epoch.
    I saw another angel.- Messenger, the Messenger of the Covenant, the Lord Jesus.- Mal. 3:1; 10:1; 14:1.
    Come down from Heaven.- In 1874. Sea Rev. 3:14.
    Having great power.- 'All power in Heaven and in earth.'- Matt. 28:18.
    And the earth was lightened.- See Mal. 4:2; Rev. 7:2.
    With His glory.- Some of the glories of the New Day, all discovered since 1874, are adding machines, aeroplanes, aluminum, antiseptic surgery, artificial dyes, automatic couplers, automobiles, barbed wire, bicycles, carborundum, cash registers, celluloid, correspondence schools, cream separators, Darkest Africa, disk ploughs, Divine Plan of the Ages, dynamite, electric railways, electric welding, escalators, fireless cookers, gas engines, harvesting machines, illuminating gas, induction motors, linotypes, match machines, monotypes, motion pictures, North Pole, Panama Canal, Pasteurization, railway signals, Roentgen rays, shoe sewing machines, smokeless powder, South Pole, submarines, radium, sky scrapers, subways, talking machines, telephones, typewriters, vacuum cleaners and wireless telegraphy.- Ezek. 43:2; John 1:9; Matt. 25:31; Titus 2:13.

and the passage is from 1917, 4 years before your one (which is simply a partial transcription in 1921). Or, didn't You Know that the WT routinely plagiarizes itself? Russell counted on 3-5 usages of almost exactly the same text!

The passage I quoted is from:
    THE FINISHED MYSTERY,
    STUDIES IN THE SCRIPTURES
    'The Path of the Just is as the Shining Light, Which Shineth More and More Unto the Perfect Day.'
    Series VII
    COPYRIGHT 1917
    PEOPLES PULPIT ASSOCIATION BROOKLYN, N.Y., U.S.A.

The PPA was a sister company to the WTBTS, and the two had common ownership.

Surely my sig "(The Finnish Musketry Class)" was a sufficient clue?

History teachers should check their facts first!

P.S. You are wrong about one of "the Grape Diet and the Wireless Telegraphy" too.

--
    Focus
    (WHACK!! Class)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit