Introducing myself.

by Danni 39 Replies latest jw friends

• Danni
    Danni

Hello eveyone. forgive me for just jumping in your threads without giving some information about myself.

My name is Danni. I am a law enforcement officer. I don't sleep well at night, that's why I am on so late now.

A few months ago I met a very beautiful Jehovah's Witnesses man. See I was not use to seeing Jehovah's Witness men looking this way. I had always seen them with tacky looking brown shoes on ,and the clothes .. well i will leave that alone..... He is truly beautiful.

We talk almost everyday however, I notice he almost always have a female with him. And if I am lucky enough to get him to myself I feel he's worried I will do something to hurt him.

Well not to long ago he confessed he's interested in me buttt. He can not go no further than the thoughts because we "are on separte roads" I don't really understand that. I do know it has something to do with his love for his god. My partner said, the best way to understand him and get him let me is to understand his god, ways , join the church.

Okay that doesn't so bad. If it will help me out why not.??? Well tonight I came here to learn about him through his religion . Guess what?? instead of getting advice from other Jehovah's Witnesses I have been told horror stories about them. Of course this is blowing my mind. I have been reading any and everything about Jehovah's Witnesses now. I cannot belive what i am seeing. At the same time, I really don't know those people.

Something I didn't tell the others was: I once asked if I could go to church with him on sunday. He looked as if I was threating his family. Now I think I understand why.

I want so badly to know what is going on now. I find it hard (not impossible) to believe that this very sweet well spoken , clean cut man could be so evil and cold inside. I have to know what's true because I was ready to come over to his side just please him and help our so-called relationship. But I will not put my life in danger. If need be, i will help him to leave too. And if it's really as bad as some are saying I will report it to the station and ask for an investigation. My duty to the public walefare comes first. It's what I do. I am hoping that most of the stories are exaggerated. I will talk with him today but, I think I should keep what i am doing to myself. I wouldn't want to ruin our relationship over rumors.

Well that's my story. I will do a lot of reading at this site and others. If any of you would like to send some information about your personal experiences please do.

Venice (think that's right) thanks for that link. I did go there I will be reading there for some time. There's so much information on it.

Peace.

I have downloaded much information tonight. Wild stuff.

• Danni
    Danni

Please excuse the grammer. I could not proof read before posting. :(

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Jehovah's Witnesses are not cold and evil inside. They may be misguided but they are no different from the average person. There has to be a middle ground. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the attitudes of some people here who portray the people inside the Organization as cold blooded killers. Enough people. This is ridiculous.

• Danni
    Danni

Naeblis Jehovah's Witnesses are not cold and evil inside. They may be misguided but they are no different from the average person. There has to be a middle ground. I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the attitudes of some people here who portray the people inside the Organization as cold blooded killers. Enough people. This is ridiculous.

I think you misunderstood me. I never said, they were. I only repeated what I have heard . This is why I said, I want to find out for myself not from rumors. I am willing to listen . Would you tell me more please??

• terafera
    terafera

Hi Danni!

It sounds like you really have it for this guy. I'm sorry he seems unavailable:(

Has he given you the impression that he would give you a chance if you went to the Kingdom Hall?

As far as anything illegal going on with the JW's, I can't speak of anything. I know there are alot of us here that have had bad experiences with unloving people but that does not mean in ANY way that your guy is cold or heartless. He could be a wonderful man, trying to do whats right in his eyes.

I dont want you to make opinions based on what others think.. do some researching and think for yourself. There is good and bad everywhere.. I think mostly I have seen hypocrasy run thick through congregations, but I dont speak for all.

Again, I hope to hear from you soon and let us know what happens!

Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it.
    Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.

Goethe

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Nono I wasn't implying that is what you felt. But someone obviously has led you to think that or is telling you that. Listen, The Witnesses as a whole believe in some things that are damaging. Some of their doctrine, in particular the blood doctrine and their attitudes towards sexual abuse in children is horrible and dangerous. The people at the top running things have a lot of explaining to do, but the average witness knows nothing of these matters. They believe because it is what they always have believed. They are victims not monsters. learn all you can about the witnesses and if in the end you decide that it is acceptable to be with someone you love then that is your decision. But do not think that you can change him or get him to leave, this is extremely rare and very difficult. He will resent you for trying. In my opinion any attempt at a relationship with this person is pure folly. But you're a grown wopman and you can make your own decisions.

• Danni
    Danni

Has he given you the impression that he would give you a chance if you went to the Kingdom Hall?

No as a matter of fact he didn't want me to go. He seemed very afriad when I asked to go with him.

There is good and bad everywhere.. I think mostly I have seen hypocrasy run thick through congregations, but I dont speak for all.

I agree 100% I see good and bad in people and religions everyday. Your attitudes are a bit different from some I have spoken with and things I have read from a few sites tonight but, i will continue to look into the matter.

Again, I hope to hear from you soon and let us know what happens!

Sure will :)

• avengers
    avengers
    I'm getting a bit sick and tired of the attitudes of some people here who portray the people inside the Organization as cold blooded killers

Maybe you should go back. I'm getting sick of your attitude too.

• Danni
    Danni

They are victims not monsters

This can very well be true.

But someone obviously has led you to think that or is telling you that.

well actually they said some of the things you just said, but also added they are not allowed to talk with family members because of leaving the religion. Also one said he was stalked. That's against the law. They were afriad for me once i told them I was thinking of joing the religion. It's almost as if they were trying to warn me of something. This started me to thinking a little.

avengers: Maybe you should go back. I'm getting sick of your attitude too.

I didn't come to cause fighting between friends. Let's keep peace. Just talk to me. I am listening.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Don't be a child Avengers. Just because I don't agree with the fanatical rumblings of a few hardcore witness haters does not mean that I am going back. I see the problems with the religion, but I'm not so blinded by hate that I don't see that there are good people within the ranks. Grow up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit