ex-JWs for Haiti

by Moxie 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Moxie
    Moxie

A number of us ex-JWs have gotten together to rally support for Haiti within the ex-JW community.

As witnesses, few of us ever donated humanitarian aid. This wasn't because we were uncaring but because of what we were taught. Now, in the wake of the horrific disaster in Haiti, we can stand up and give to the people who need help so desperately. We can show people what ex-JWs are capable of—that we can mobilize for a noble humanitarian cause.

We've created a website www.exjws4haiti.com where we are providing information about 4 major aid organizations (Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, Care and Save the Children). We are not accepting donations directly, but providing links directly to those organizations' websites where ex-JWs can make donations to Haiti relief efforts. Our goal is to generate $10,000 in donations to the 4 organizations. We'll be updating the donation total regularly.

Please, if you can join this cause and spread the word.

Here is a video that explains this initiative in more detail:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E0rOhxRmDoY

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

I was actually coming on here to put the video up. I'm glad to see it's already up, so I'll bump it.

I'm planning on donating $100 or so in the next week, hoping many will do the same. Mathematically there's got to be 5 million ex-JWs out there so I'm hoping if only a fraction of that number can donate we can have a very solid number to show.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Making it "clickable" www.exjws4haiti.com

Very happy to help! Many thanks to you Moxie, and every single one involved, for putting this together.

~Sue

• Moxie
    Moxie

Update:

EXJWS4HAITI has raised $935 in less than 24 hours.

It's amazing what ex-JWs can do!

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

Awesome idea!

Ex jw's are the best, proud to donate with you guys.

Huxley

• wobble
    wobble

btt

• Moxie
    Moxie

Update: We've now reached over 10% of our $10,000 goal. As of this morning $1,205 has been raised!

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

great idea!

thanks!

The Oracle

• Moxie
    Moxie

Over $1,600 now.

• huxley2.0
    huxley2.0

bttt

Share this