all the old photographs

by highdose 2 Replies latest jw friends

• highdose
    highdose

i have a question for you all: what do you do with all the old photos of your former dub life? The ones showing you with your fellow cult members trying to look happy?

In particular i have one: Its of a 14 year old girl in a swimsuit and white t shirt. Shes just been pushed under water by two men, all her fellow cult members are clapping. She looks thin and tiny, like a child, which at 14 she is ( but then i guess all 14 year olds think they are adult). This photo is framed with the date of the event.

And when i look at it now it gives me cold shivers!!

• leec
    leec

just put the photos in a box, tape it up, and put it in the most remote part of the attic/cellar/storage facility/barn/closet ... or whatever you have. they are just representations of memories of times gone by.

• cantleave
    cantleave

The photos of me as a dub and the friends I had, are still a part of my life. They bring back fond memories, and deserve a place in my albums. I know I was conned by a book publishing company, but I have to accept that and move on. The photos are a reminder, they are a lesson, and they help me to remember that I used to have hair.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit