Woman Raised Jehovah's Witness awarded Rhodes Scholarship

by slimboyfat 13 Replies latest jw friends

• bottleofwater
    bottleofwater

Then again... What kind of congregation does she go to? One congregation that I know has tons of pioneering college students. But then it's a Russian congregation. And you can blame the economy. I bet the most complaining Witnesses are those who sit down at dinner with a fresh, hearty meal...

• asilentone
    asilentone

The YouTube video is closed captioned!

• cherrypye
    cherrypye

Hey hey!!! A win for former dubbies everywhere! Good job!

• AnneB
    AnneB

"Then again... What kind of congregation does she go to?"

It's been years ago (late '80's)...

Rush had a teeeeeny, tiny KH, not much bigger than a good-sized living room. The people were as sweet as they could be. That said, they were also very, very "backwoods". It was like stepping back in time 50 years or more.

The area is absolutely gorgeous; woods all around. We drove back roads out in service (Rush was a need-great area back then) and there were actually guinea fowl, peafowl, and turkeys walking right on the roads in flocks! They weren't startled by motor vehicles; it seemed that there hadn't been enough around for them to be frightened!

I loved it there...actually wanted to move there, that's how deeply Rush touched my heart.

I don't remember any of the people by name any more. I wonder if this girl's family was there when we passed through or if they moved in later.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit