The sexual "morality" thing

by Quillsky 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Quillsky
    Quillsky

My mother got involved with Jehovah's Witnesses in the 1960s/70s because mainly I think she didn't believe in the sexual "morality" or "immorality" of that era. I believe she didn't see many other religions speaking out against sex before marriage and abortion.

And so she drew relatives and her own children down into the trap, the morass, the molasses, of anti blood transfusion and end-of-the-world clap-trap thanks to her well-believing sexual morality.

Anybody else with family trapped because of the "morality" of Jehovah's Witnesses?

• pixiesticks
    pixiesticks

My father was a Skinhead in the 80s and my mother with an anarchist punk. They both became Witnesses when I was 1 year old, partly because they bought into the "morally pure / good atmosphere for your children" angle and, because I was their first child, they obviously wanted good things for me and knew that their current lifestyle couldn't provide that. As such, I was brought up (and trapped) in the Org with my family.

• cantleave
    cantleave

My mother was scared of hippies in the 60's. She thought the world was about to become , free-loving, drug invested, anarchic melting pot. She had a small baby and was pregant with me. She prayed to god and lo and behold a couple of witnesses called and they told her of a future where there would be no hippies, no free love and no drugs. The rest is history.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I became one of Jehovah's Witlesses in spite of, not because of, the morality bullsxxx. They promised me that my needs would be taken care of, and of course I had neither the experience nor the resources to cross-reference the cancer. When they (and Jehovah) broke their promises, I broke mine to remain dedicated to that Almighty Lowlife Scumbag and the organization.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit