Every time a disaster happens, it's all about them

by JimmyPage 6 Replies latest jw friends

• JimmyPage
    JimmyPage

The earthquakes in Haiti affected by far more non-JWs than dubs. But every time something like this happens, somehow it's all about them! It's a fulfillment of prophecy, and oh, how are our brothers doing, and screw the rest of the "ungodly" world! Isn't it time to look at all humanity as a brotherhood, WT? Or do I sound too much like the Scolios character from your manipulative dramas?

• tjlibre
    tjlibre

The generalized WT/JW’s attitude towards human suffering is mind-boggling and disappointing. Like you said JimmyPage is all about THEM. I received several emails and text from other JW all repeating the same information about the 50+ JW that died in Haiti and the whereabouts of the JW’s missionaries and traveling overseers. Not a single word of sorrow or distress for the thousands of people who died or the 3+ millions who are with no food, shelter and other basic necessities. NOT A SINGLE WORD.

I seen how the world has rallied in support of our fellow humans in Haiti. The neighboring country of the Dominican Republic (a poor country it self) was the first one sending aid, rescue personnel, food, medicine, doctors, heavy equipment to move the rubble, etc. Followed by US and others, the Red Cross, other Christian institutions, even celebrities, WyCleff was there moving dead bodies out of the street!! Will JW take notice of all this good from “worldly people”? Will the WT publish an article acknowledging how this catastrophe brought the best out many people…“worldlings”? we know the answer.

Where is the love? I know that there will be there, I know that they’ll help JWs and non-JWs, we all know that. The problem is the insensitivity that has harden otherwise very loving sensitive people’s hearts and consciences. The problem is this pervasive notion that the only act of mercy that we can do towards others in to place a Watchtower or an Awake!

JWs….read these words….and not…. they are not referring to the “ANOINTED” in Brooklyn, NY. Use common sence…..

Matthew 25:34-46 NIV

34 “Then the King will say to those on his right, ‘Come, you who are blessed by my Father; take your inheritance, the kingdom prepared for you since the creation of the world. 35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’ 37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’ 40 “The King will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.’ 41 “Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels. 42 For I was hungry and you gave me nothing to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me nothing to drink, 43 I was a stranger and you did not invite me in, I needed clothes and you did not clothe me, I was sick and in prison and you did not look after me.’ 44 “They also will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty or a stranger or needing clothes or sick or in prison, and did not help you?’ 45 “He will reply, ‘I tell you the truth, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me.’ 46 “Then they will go away to eternal punishment, but the righteous to eternal life.”

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

"It's all about them."

I love that. It's way too true as well. Unfortunately for them, when you have been all about you for over 130 years, it's sort of hard to see it for yourself.

It's what cults do. The initial offer of JW baptism is: You are essentially leaving "the world". You then join a "spiritual paradise" where you must be a JW to join and live forever. Little wonder that this self serving focus dominates their thinking.

Same thing happened when the Indonesian tsunami in 2004 hit. And Katrina.

There is no outreach toward "the outside". It lets you know what they think of non JW's. It's not that they hate them, its just that everyone other then a JW is a dead man walking. Helping in natural disasters isn't what they need, they need to become JW's.

Everything that JW's do is part of an agenda to increase or retain membership in their super duper club.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Yes. I've said the same thing myself many times. Your observations reminded me of what the WT leaders did when the World Trade Center was struck on 9/11. We've all seen the people running down the streets with terror in their faces while trying to escape huge plumes of smoke and dust right behind them.

The WT leaders ordered the doors to all of their building LOCKED so no one could get in and out of danger.

What a bunch of self-absorbed, narcissistic assholes they are. May they suffer a thousand injustices for their evil.

Farkel

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo
    Your observations reminded me of what the WT leaders did when the World Trade Center was struck on 9/11. We've all seen the people running
    down the streets with terror in their faces while trying to escape huge plumes of smoke and dust right behind them.
    The WT leaders ordered the doors to all of their building LOCKED so no one could get in and out of danger.

I've read this before on here - can anyone supply the source..? It's an absolute disgrace if true.

I'm getting more and more cynical about the WT - I can imagine them rubbing their hands together now, Sunday morning meeting, nice fat bonus in 'contributions'.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Great observation Jimmy.

• whatistruth
    whatistruth

In their relief effforts they never help families or individuals who are not jw's, even though they are suffering. What they are saying is, if you want our help join our religion. Bunch of evil bastards!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit