A possible explanation for the new "Generation" understanding

by agonus 5 Replies latest jw friends

• agonus
    agonus

Holy crap, I just realized something!

Could it be that the unusually quickly-replaced "New Light" came about as a result of the WT's last explanation unintentionally matching Generation 2, then changing it again once they (and countless folks on the Internet) figured out it was the same explanation, to save face?

I mean, is it possible the GB made up the last "new light" COMPLETELY UNAWARE that it matched the 1927 explanation, then changed it in an oh-shit moment when they realized not long after that they'd already used that one?

• civicsi00
    civicsi00

I doubt it because as it has already been pointed out, there was a box in the 2/15/08 WT, with the heading "Can We Calculate the Length of 'This Generation'?" and in this box they brought out the generation of Joseph and Exodus 1:6. They did state that the generations would "overlap" so that's why they have the latest interpretation.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

They had to replace the previous understanding because it was WRONG!

Fortunately for all of us, they now have "the truth" all figured out that several generations from 1914 are really only "this generation".

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

The 1995 change, nobody really understood it and there was no urgency to it.

The ditching of the 1935 end of the closing of the anointed and the 2008 change to "the anointed" were most likely both calculated to be inbetween steps leading to the overlap doctrine. It was what they came up with and they realized it was so silly that they had to get to it in steps.

The overlap doctrine wraps up so many loose ends for them. It says there was a reason they were wrong in the past- they say they were getting closer and closer to the real correct doctrine. But it is pretty silly- the twofer generation.

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I have a suspicion, tin foil hat on, that the current GB took advantage of Ted Jaraz's absence through illness to push this change through. His stroke happened in May(?) 09, and I think it normally takes about a year between writing the article & studying it in the congs.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Holy crap, that would make Jaracz the most sane one! SCARY!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit