Forwarded JW email: proof of the Nephilim!

by JimmyPage 36 Replies latest jw friends

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I'm bumping a kind of old thread here, sorry.

I just got this e-mail today from JWs. I thought you'd enjoy some of these intelligent comments I've taken from the forwarded e-mail.

I had to reply to poop on the parade of who forwarded it to me with links and more photos showing it wasn't real. It annoys me so much when people pass crap off like this as fact to everyone in their address book without verifying if its real, questionable or fake. Then again, they're JWs who's brains have been shut off by the WT, so I'm probably asking too much.

"Remember too of the Anakim and the Rephaim, unusually large people (see Insight book under those headings). Truly amazing how archealogy corroborates the Bible's account. Jehovah is surely the God of truth."

"Pics shared w/me so I'm sharing with all of you. Talk about evidence! "

"This is amazing. Not that the scriptures haven't already proven true but now more evidence for our times."

• shamus100
    shamus100

Wow.

There really is one born every minute, isn't there?

HAHAHAHAHA!

• ziddina
    ziddina

Uh, guys??? [edited to read...] Those LOOK like stills from some "Sy-Fy" channel movie - "The Fallen Ones" - about the Nephilim... http://www.imdb.com/video/screenplay/vi3840999705/

NOT real fossils...

Zid

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Sorry everyone.... this is an old FAKE.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/odd/giantman.asp

They Might Be Giants
    Claim: The skeleton of a giant human was uncovered during gas exploration in Saudi Arabia.

Example: [Collected via e-mail, 2004]

Recent gas exploration activity in the south east region of the Arabian desert uncovered a skeletal remains of a human of phenomenal size. This region of the Arabian desert is called the Empty Quarter, or in Arabic, 'Rab-Ul-Khalee'. The discovery was made by the Aramco Exploration team. As God states in the Quran that He had created people of phenomenal size the like of which He has not created since. These were the people of Aad where Prophet Hud was sent. They were very tall, big, and very powerful, such that they could put their arms around a tree trunk and uproot it. Later these people, who were given all the power, turned against God and the Prophet and transgressed beyond all boundaries set by God. As a result they were destroyed.

Ulema's of Saudi Arabia believe these to be the remains of the people of Aad. Saudi Military has secured the whole area and no one is allowed to enter except the ARAMCO personnel. It has been kept in secrecy, but a military helicopter took some pictures from the air and one of the pictures leaked out into the internet in Saudi Arabia. See the attachment and note the size of the two men standing in the picture in comparison to the size of the skeleton !!

Origins: Although the scriptual writings of many religions include tales of races of giant men who lived long ago, this message and its accompanying photo are not examples of archeological proof of those accounts.

The image displayed above was taken from Worth1000, a site devoted to
    hosting contests in which entrants show off their skills at manipulating photographs using digital editing programs. This particular picture was an entry from one of the site's "Archaeological Anomalies" competitions, in which entrants vied to create the most realistic archaeological hoaxes: "Your job is to show a picture of an archaeological discovery that looks so real, had it not appeared at Worth1000, people might have done a double take."

The basis for this image was a real photograph of an excavation site near Hyde Park, New York, where scientists were working to uncover the skeleton of a mastodon. Someone then linked the altered version of the image used for the Worth1000 contest entry with a fictitious backstory based on the Islamic account of the Prophet Hud, creating the hoax quoted above — which spread especially far after being published as a seemingly real news article on the web site of The New Nation, described as "Bangladesh's Independent News Source."

A May 2007 blog entry entitled "Bhima's son Gadotkach like skeleton found" (and attributed to a 22 April 2004 Times of India article) repeated the hoax, with the locale switched from Saudi Arabia to northern India and additional skeleton photos included.

Last updated: 18 June 2007

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Elsewhere beat me to it. I remember when this first appeared.

Those Dubs sure are suckers for a hoax, aren''t they? It's as though they never learned how to do any critical independent thinking!

Are they proud that they're so gullible? Oh, yeah, "the wisdom of the world is foolishness..." to a MORON.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Page,

Try using "giants" in the metaphorical sense, i.e. "political giants", "literary giants", etc.

Giants=heavyweights, clout, power, authorities

What do the Nephilim do? They are the ones who have held societies together, bound in drudgery and veiled slavery. These are the ones in the capstone of the pyramid.

Have you ever googled for a definition of 'nephilim'? It redirects to the Orb weaver. A spider. Nephilim are the weavers of tales and spells.

• Aware!
    Aware!

It's just an urban legend. I would love to tell my mom that it's a hoax, but I'm trying to fly under the radar.

http://urbanlegends.about.com/od/supernaturalwonders/ss/giants_in_greece.htm

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit