How do you deal with forced time with old JW friends?

by 5thGeneration 10 Replies latest jw friends

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

I'm facing a bit of a dilemma and wondering how to deal with it.

My fade is as complete as I want to make it but I'm going on vacation and lifelong super JW friends are going to be where I am staying.

I'm wondering how some of you have dealt with this in the past.

Do I simply and uncomfortably stay quiet about not attending, going to the meetings?

Do I just matter of fact state that "yeah, I just haven't been going for a while"?

Or do I play the sheepish, discouraged, distraught role?

Going all 'apostate' on them is not an option as I have too much respect for these people.

Any one have any experience with this and what worked/didn't?

Thanks,

5th (of the overlap) Generation

• changeling
    changeling

If they ask, tell them you're inactive but happy. No need to "get into it". That stops them in their tracks.

If they don't, and the conversations are "non-witnessy" and just normal fun, why bring it up?

Just be yourself. Be happy.That blows their minds. :)

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Good advice. Thx.

5th

• leec
    leec

don't play a role ... that's what was wrong in the past. whatever you do, make it real, maybe not letting everything hang out, but no pretending.

• wheelwithinwheel
    wheelwithinwheel

- if he asks if you are going to go to the meeting - tell him your're on vacation - he probably won't say anything and might think you have a point there

- if he knows or finds out about the fade - adopt a very serious face and tell him you really don't want to get into it

- watch what you say - lifelong friends have been known to ruin a fade - you wouldn't want to come home to face a J.C.

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

When I talk to JW's now I let them know I'm inactive and only a handful have ventured beyond that. Most just keep the conversation going.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thx.

I guess if they know already it is better to suck it up and just say I'm inactive.

• Farkel
    Farkel

Tell them you have a lot of faults, but not minding your own business isn't of them! (Watch them squirm.)

Farkel

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Farkel,

I like it!

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Why not steer the topic into a conversation that has nothing to do with JW land. Discuss something else--- big ideas or hobbies, anything that might stir an interest in learning or doing something new.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit