New light, "this generation"

by possible-san 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• possible-san
    possible-san

The Watchtower, April 15, 2010

The second study article, paragraph 13, 14.
    http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGZNT

MP3 (Listen to it from 13:17)
    http://download.jw.org/files/media_magazines/w_E_20100415_03.mp3

possible

• possible-san
    possible-san

It seems that my post was later than he. LOL

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That site makes WTS look so "forward-moving" to the dubs without a clue.

"Look, we can download the truth now."

This "new light" bothers me just as much as the 1995 major change in the doctrine. It's MAJOR, but it's snuck in there and covered in 2 paragraphs of the Watchtower article so that it doesn't "stumble" the old-timers.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

According to the latest reports on how many "annointed" are left, the number has increased instead of decreasing. So, If I understand correctly, those who were annointed in 1914 and saw the events of that time and died, then those who are younger in age, overlap them giving a continuation to "the generation" Jesus spoke about. Now, instead of the number decreasing, it is increasing and some of them are as young as 50 years old. What are we to think about this? I think the rank is getting a little confused now, and I am pretty sure most of them, if asked, would not know how to explain this to a "new convert". Hell, I don't even understand it.

• Gayle
    Gayle

He evidently meant that the lives of the anointed who were on hand when the sign began to become evident in 1914 would overlap with the lives of other anointed ones who would see the start of the great tribulation.

It's the word "overlapping," that is crazy. A generation overlapping another generation involves two generations.

This stretching "rubberband" teaching of the last generation is bound to snap!

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Gayle, is the Wt now saying that the annointed of 1914 and the annointed that follow them combine for one generation? And some of this combined generation (those that follow the 1914 generation) will be here at the end?

• possible-san
    possible-san

Thank you for your replies.

That is not a "New light" as you already know.
    Rather, that is an "Old light" extremely in fact. (That is the light of 83 years ago)

In the Watchtower, February 15, 1927, p.62,
    it is written like this.

"Question:
    In Matthew 24:34 Jesus said:
    "Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."
    What did he mean by "this generation" ?

Answer: It could hardly be said that he meant any human being living on the earth at that time.
    He was giving testimony concerning things that were to transspire at the end of the world.
    That was a long way off.
    No generation of the human race has ever existed as long as a thousand years.
    It follows then that Jesus must have meant something else.
    What could he have meant?
    At the Jordan Jehovah started a new generation, a new creation, of which Christ Jesus is the Head.
    Jesus selected twelve disciples who were with him for three and one-half years.
    Eleven of these we have every reason to believe constitute a part of that new creation.
    In 1 Peter 2:9 the apostle, speaking to the church of course, referred to those who are faithful.
    The irresistable conclusion therefore is that Jesus referred to the new creation when he said:
    "This generation shall not pass until all these things be fulfilles."
    This then would be a strong indication that some member of the new creation will be on earth at the time of Armageddon."

(The Watchtower, February 15, 1927, p.62)

http://www.perimeno.ca/W1927-This%20Generation.jpg

possible

• Mary
    Mary

If this is truly the best scenario they can come up with-----and it is a piss-poor explanation------then you'd think they'd be laying off the "younger" ones who are partaking of the emblems, because these younger "anointed" ones are, to some extent, saving the sagging asses of the slobbering old fools who put this crap to print.

Without the increase of those who are partaking, the numbers of 'anointed' ones would be numbering in the hundreds now (if that), not in the thousands and there would be absolutely no way they could be promoting their latest spin on what the word "generation" means.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Any comments on the fact that the crew who will see the great trib is called

'the other annointed', not the 'next group of annointed'? This does not indicate the group who sees the great trib is consecutive to the 1914 crew- they are allowing it to span more than 2 generations.

• God_Delusion
    God_Delusion

All this talk makes me hungry and thirsty.

I may just have to partake of some of that wine and Ryvita. Do you think I would look out of line if I spread some Philadelphia on the Ryvita as it went past me?

Regards
    RAB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit