Blood Transfusions 101 for JW's

by moshe 47 Replies latest watchtower medical

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

If there is a God, many, MANY JW's will have A LOT to answer for.

• moshe
    moshe

JW's will say, "well, it's still safer to have bloodles surgery, anyway". I ask them, if they have read the medical report that said JW women are twice as likely to die in childbirth from blood loss. Well, they just give you a blank look ( the JW rule is to never admit to anything that negates their arguments)- I follow up, that maybe JW's should abstain from having babies, anyway, and just pioneer before the end comes.

• twinkle toes
    twinkle toes

Recently I was debating the importance of observing the Sabbath with a friend and I was trying to explain how Jesus, The Lord of the Sabbath, was willing to break gods law not only to save a life but to improve ones health (ie. a blind or lame man).

When it hit me that Jesus example should also be applied to blood transfusions. The "LAWS" were mute when the health or life of a person was at stake. No law is more important than showing love to your fellow man (other than loving god). To me that is clear.

tt

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Twinkile toes,

its funny you mention that because in Luke Jesus makes it clear that what defiles a person is NOT what goes in, but what comes out of their mouth and from their heart.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Isn't a JWS not accepting a blood transfusion an act of human sacrifice toward their god Jehovah ?

One of the biggest arguments that a JWS will front in support of this irrational idiocy

is they will presents the argument that blood transfusions are dangerously unhealthy,

inadvertently side stepping the fact that BT have saved millions of people lives over the decades.

They present a very dishonest representation and bias argument, but thats the motive of

spiritual warfare in how the WTS. wants its followers to behave to keep the support of

this expressive doctrine created by themselves.

I've actual heard of JWS say that , well even if the organization is wrong on this at least the individual

has a hope of resurrection to look forward to. TRUE

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Blood transfusions has become over the years more of a legal issue rather than a biblical one.

As long as this organization titles itself the JWS, there will be no change on this in the future, to do so would

pose too damaging. They are willing to admit some times that they weren't perfectly clear on some biblical ( new light , old light )

passages and their interpretations, but when as much of human life was lost as a result of this mistake, the change or reversal

would be absolutely impossible.

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Isn't it against the law to encourage someone to commit suicide ?

Scarifying ones own life for their religious beliefs in devotion to their god

is still an act of suicide.

Muslim extremists essentially do the very same thing, don't they ?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The WT can very eaisly turn over the blood issus into a "new light" thing and revoke the ban, just liek they did with organ transplants and with blood fractions.

There would be very little back lash internally.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Acts 15: 28 For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU , except these necessary things, 29 to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU !”

compare with Lev 17:10-15 and it is obvious what abstaining means. Leviticus 17 and 18 are rules which resident aliens in Israel were to abide by. These are what James is referring to, directly and in the same order as mentioned in Lev. Made clear also is that 'fornication' mentioned in Acts is referring to marriages between close relatives, considered ok by gentiles but considered fornication under the Law.

• garyneal
    garyneal

I've actual heard of JWS say that , well even if the organization is wrong on this at least the individual has a hope of resurrection to look forward to. TRUE

I personally find it difficult to accept that if the society is wrong on something that one can easily look up facts to disprove that the society should be trusted on spiritual matters as well. Particularly when the WTS is not willing to modify its stand in light of the evidence.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit