My Jehovers Witness Baptism-

by acolytes 2 Replies latest jw friends

• acolytes
    acolytes

I wanted to be free from my Jehovers Witness Baptism because I realised I had imprissoned myself.

I wanted reality ,real love, real life, real connections,real achivements and these were all the things my baptisam had taken from me.

Then it dawned on me that simply by baptism never happened and anyone who considers it valid does so because their thinking is wrong-

The whole thing was simply based on lies and only exists through the false thinking of people- As the Fleetwood Mac song goes

"Tell me lies, Tell me sweet little lies" And thats all my baptisam was lies-So to me it never existed and never happened.

Acolytes.

• cantleave
    cantleave

Nice Fleetwood Mac reference my friend.

• Chalam
    Chalam

Indeed, I agree. The bible says "believe and be baptised".

Since a JW does not believe much of the New Testament ("only for the anointed") they neither believe and thus are neither baptised.

See here for example, JWs do not believe verses 17 & 18, the Gifts of the Spirit 1 Corinthians 12 1 Corinthians 14 etc.

Mark 16:15-18 (New International Version)

15 He said to them, "Go into all the world and preach the good news to all creation.

16 Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved, but whoever does not believe will be condemned.

17 And these signs will accompany those who believe: In my name they will drive out demons; they will speak in new tongues; 18 they will pick up snakes with their hands; and when they drink deadly poison, it will not hurt them at all; they will place their hands on sick people, and they will get well."

Here is a great test for Christian belief

Romans 10:9 (New International Version)

9 That if you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

JWs do not confess Jesus as Lord but "jehovah". See the next three verses for proof

Romans 10:11-13 (New International Version)

11 As the Scripture says, "Anyone who trusts in him will never be put to shame." 12 For there is no difference between Jew and Gentile—the same Lord is Lord of all and richly blesses all who call on him, 13 for, "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved."

The WT changes the Lord in verse 13 to "jehovah" and JWs believe them, not the original biblical Greek texts.

Neither do Jesus was raised from the dead as the bible says.

Luke 24:39 (English Standard Version)

39 See my hands and my feet, that it is I myself. Touch me, and see. For a spirit does not have flesh and bones as you see that I have."

The WT teach Jesus was raised as a "spirit creature", clearly contrary to Jesus' own words but JWs belief them.

Blessings,

Stephen

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit