DNA Reading And Synthesizing Speeding Up

by frankiespeakin 12 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I suspect that intelligent lfe always advances to the point where they make something dangerous that kills their species off. Humans don't know the stove is hot until they touch it and burn themselves.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Moshe,

You may be right. We only have very limited foresight so I tend to agree with you.

I see the the same forces at work in the perpetuation of a "self replicating molecule" which has as it's perpetuating driving force "survival of the fittest" which has produced all the various forms of life filling all sorts of biological niches to perpetuate itself even over the extinction of the human species even though our species has the ability to reconstruct it and design it to do what the species considered desirable.

That being the case, I see these over reaching dirving forces progressing over and beyond man's abilities(we are still the hardware that the soft ware produced) and production of new and more adaptable forms in its survival of the fittest scenario, to me it is just that we humans with our evolved sense of species eccentrism(seen in many primates) that may cause us not to see it.

Maybe we will just be used by DNA to speed up the process until we are no longer needed. In my mind I could even see our whole Earth eventually learning how to fly off to another solar system under the power of a DNA swarm to keep itself going under more favourable condition.

• frankiespeakin
    frankiespeakin

Moshe,

The point you made intrigues me:

I suspect that intelligent lfe always advances to the point where they make something dangerous that kills their species

off.
    Humans don't know
    the stove is hot until they touch it and burn themselves.

Our intelligence has it's limits I would suppose, even understanding Quantum theory we have a very hard time because of the way our brain evolved for survival at our scale of existence. We did not need to understand things for survival over the eons of time that dealt with the speeds approaching the speed of light or how sub atomic particles behave and what is there nature and so intuitively our brains work fine on things related to what we needed to survive at this middle level or scale of existence.

Now that we have entered the realm of the extremely small and the incomprehensibly large the brain has not had enough time to develop intuitively how to proceed,, maybe silicon implants might give us an edge? time will tell? But I have the sneaky suspicion you are right and as scientist have said we are approaching a class 1 type of intelligence and it is theorised that most if not all intelligences go extinct during this phase.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit