Help needed: Watchtower boastfulness

by kurtbethel 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

I need a collection of Watchtower quotes that are boastful. I guess my problem is that there are so many of them that I don't know where to start. Also, boastfulness can be subjective. What I am looking for is quotes from that Watchtower that show it to be a boastful organization, in your view. So show me your favorites that are over the top. I will put the best of these together to fill up a page and share with my favorite witnesses, so that I can rightfully ask how the organization can consider itself discreet.

thanks, Kurt

• nicolaou
  • ziddina
    ziddina

Ho, Nicolaou, good thread! Kurt, in addition to Nicolaou's thread, how about searching under "Faithful and Discreet Slave Class"?? I suspect there would be a lot of boasting under that heading, too - "faithful and discreet slave appointed over all god's works; only one trusted to provide 'meat in due season'", etc, etc.

Zid

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

That is a good thread, Nic. Not only boastful claims, but also falsifiable claims, such as being the only ones not going to war. I shall certainly snip some of those for my page.

• Heaven
    Heaven

At my brother's father-in-law's funeral (he was a non-JW), my father boasted to my brother and I how he could run rings around the minister's talk from the Bible.

My brother responded with "Yeah... and opinions are like assholes. Everyone's got one." And he walked away.

I was in agony trying not to laugh!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Nice one, Nic.. i have saved the '89 quote about only J W's being saved..It is funny how dubs deny that the Borg teaches this...

• Chalam
    Chalam

Of the WT it is written

Proverbs 16:18 (The Message)

18 First pride, then the crash—
    the bigger the ego, the harder the fall.

Blessings,

Stephen

• lancelink
    lancelink

Great thread

Only Jehovahs witnesses can be so proud of their hypocracy !

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

It would be fun to juxtapose boastful articles with ones that dispense the marvelous advice and counsel that the Watchtower has so abundantly provided. You know, things like vaccinations and organ transplants are evil, bestiality and homosexual adultery aren't "scriptural" grounds for divorce, a woman is guilty of fornication if she didn't scream while being raped, etc.

• VM44
    VM44

Watchtower 4/1/72, pages 197-198
    "They shall know that a Prophet was among them."

"So, does Jehovah have a prophet to help them, to warn them of dangers and to declare things to come? These questions can be answered in the affirmative. Who is this prophet?...This "prophet" was not one man, but was a body of men and women. It was the small group of footstep followers of Jesus Christ, known at that time as International Bible Students. Today they are known as Jehovah's Christian witnesses....Of course, it is easy to say that this group acts as a "prophet" of God. It is another thing to prove it," (Watchtower, Apr. 1, 1972, p. 197).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit