If Witnesses boast about going to meetings so much.....

by kurtbethel 12 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

....then why do they not have the time of their services listed??

So much for their boast about the preaching work in all lands.

• looking4peace
    looking4peace

Usually they do post the meeting times, though they are often on a smaller placard near the door of the hall, rather than on a big sign out front. They would never share in a multi-denominational gathering place like the photo shows, I don't think, even if the meeting times were all different. =)

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

i think that they really don't want people to just wonder in off the street. they rather have a person come as a guest of another jw. The list of meetings times usually is posted close to the door on a small sign. It's not for outsiders it's more like an fYI.

• asilentone
    asilentone

Do you think there will be a kingdom hall in Iraq?

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Do you think there will be a kingdom hall in Iraq?

Definitely yes, if they are telling the truth about being God's only channel on earth that preaches to all the nations. If not, their credibility is in doubt.

• ziddina
    ziddina

"i think that they really don't want people to just wonder in off the street...."

'Course not; the WTBTS is a HIGH-Control group; people wandering in off the street could have serious, well-informed bible questions - may even include {GASP!!} some APOSTATES....!!

Seriously, the high-control mentality of the WTBTS is probably to blame for any meeting-time omissions or de-emphasis on allowing the 'public' to just wander in... Zid

• boyzone
    boyzone

Lets face it, when was the public talk ever for the public?

• nugget
    nugget

Several things come to mind, firstly I thought witnesses were not allowed in Iraq so if meeting places are in the country they would be discreet about it. Secondly the picture clearly is of a chapel complete with crucifix, it is unlikely that JWs would share a facility that displayed the crucifix and was used by other denominations. Presumably the chapel is used by the military and if JWs are present in this country they would have other meeting places already established elsewhere. Methodists, Baptists, moonies and scientologists also don't appear.

It looks like there are alot of denominations but in fact there are not since some are day time services and some are evening.

I assume that this is not the only religious building in the whole of the country so let's not get too paranoid here. JWs are a bad religon but the picture is just a picture of a church in Iraq that the Mormons have borrowed.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

They've told us for years (via rumor and the occasional wink-nod from a bethel speaker) that even in the countries not on the official report there are 'secret' brothers doing the WT's work. They will never deny that they are in every country on earth, but go to western China and ask around the Uighur people. I doubt any of them has ever heard of JWs, let alone ever met one. Same goes for most of the rest of China and the majority of India (which together comprise half the world's population). In other words, the JWs don't even cover half the world, let alone all of it.

• Heaven
    Heaven

Definitely yes, if they are telling the truth about being God's only channel on earth that preaches to all the nations. If not, their credibility is in doubt.

They don't preach to Muslims in Morocco. See "In Search Of Christian Freedom" by Ray Franz, pg 528.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit