Need some help on 1919

by JerkhovahsWitless 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

A family member wants to know where in what publications does it say that Jesus selected the WT in 1919.

It seems I've read that statement over and over again on "apostate" forums, but right now I can't find what publication it says that in.

This could be my chance to start planting seeds of doubt and expose 607, muahaha! *evil apostate laugh*

Any know this off hand and can point me in the right direction? Thanks!

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

Here are some quotes from Rev book. Seach 1919 on your wts cd and you'll find lots.

Revelation book -

chapter 27 par.25

"In the wilderness, Jehovah brought forth the Israelites as a nation, providing for them spiritually and physically. Similarly, starting in 1919, Jehovah brought forth the seed of the woman as a spiritual nation...Rather, this new nation is made up of the remnant of anointed witnesses on earth, who were brought into a glorious spiritual estate in 1919.

Chapter 12 par. 18

"In 1919 Jesus fulfilled his promise and recognized the small band of genuine anointed Christians as his “faithful and discreet slave

Chapter 30 par.3

"Why, Israel was freed to return to its homeland and restore true worship there! So the restoration of spiritual Israel in 1919 to a radiant spiritual prosperity, which continues and expands to this day, stands as evidence that Babylon the Great fell in that year.

Chapter 25 par. 25

"Christendom tried again and again to repeat her triumph of 1918. She resorted to mob action, legal maneuvering, imprisonment, even executions—all to no avail! After 1919 the spiritual domain of the two witnesses was out of her reach. In that year Jehovah had said to them: “Come on up here,” and they had ascended to an elevated spiritual state where their enemies could see them but could not touch them

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Revelation Climax. Didn't they just study that for the third time? Was he asleep in the bookstudy?

Chapter 25. Reviving the Two Witnesses

Cheers

Chris

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Faithful And Wise Servant? Examining The Watchtower's 1919 Appointment By Edmond C. Gruss (With scans) http://www.equip.org/PDF/DJ555.pdf N. (See God's Kingdom of a Thousand Years pp. 350-355)

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There ya go. Four times in a recent study book.

Give him a hard time for denying his own doctrines.

Cheers

Chris

• RR
    RR

w5010/15p.387par.10RichesoftheFullAssuranceofOurUnderstanding

With this accurate rendering we can appreciate how our Lord promotes this consecrated service organization which he pictures as the “faithful and discreet slave” at this end of the world. Before being promoted the slave is put over only the Lord’s “domestics”, or “body of attendants”, to give them their spiritual food at the proper time; and so we can see how one in his position could turn evil and start beating his fellow slaves. But what promotion does the discreet slave organization get for faithfully feeding all the Lord’s domestics? Jesus’ prophecy on the world’s end answers: “Happy is that slave if his master on arriving finds him doing so. Truly I say to you that he will appoint him over [what?] ALL his belongings.” (Matt. 24:46, 47, NW; Luke 12:43, 44) And now the facts show that Jesus promoted his anointed slave class in this way since 1919

• JerkhovahsWitless
    JerkhovahsWitless

I haven't looked at everything yet, but wow... thanks for the fast and helpful replies everyone

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

• It is explained that in 1914 Jesus took rule and first cleansed the heavens.
        "Obeying his Father’s order, Jesus cleansed the heavens of Satan and his demons, hurling them down to the earth. After seeing this occur in vision, John hears a heavenly voice proclaim: “Now have come to pass the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God and the authority of his Christ!” Yes, in 1914 Christ began ruling as King!" Watchtower 1991 5/15 p.9

• Three and a half years later, in 1918 he cleansed his spiritual temple on earth.

"In 1918, three and a half years after his enthronement, he cleansed Jehovah’s spiritual temple, as represented on earth by the congregation of anointed Christians." Isaiah’s Prophecy—Light for all Mankind II p.348

“… finally cleansed by a fiery test by 1918, the matured “slave” as represented by a remnant now stood ready for new assignments of service.” Watchtower 1960 7/15 p.436

• In 1919 he re-inspected the organization and found it clean. Describing this period the Watchtower 1998 May 15 p.17 says;

"Anointed Christians who survived the testing period of 1914-19 were freed from the dominating influence of the world and from many Babylonish religious practices. The remnant went forward as a cleansed and refined people, willingly offering sacrifices of praise to God and having the assurance that they as a people were acceptable to him.”

"In 1919 the cleansed slave class could look forward to ever-expanding activities.” Watchtower 1993 May 1 p.16
      This is an interesting concept that I feel highlights the arrogance of Rutherford. He basically was saying that the Bible Students were unclean under Russell, and it wasn't until after he took over that Jesus found them clean enough to select. http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/15-minute-guide-to-truth.php
  • greenie
    greenie

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, JWFacts, this is interesting. So when most (edited: I don't know that MOST people here say that) people on here say JWs believe Jehovah selected the organization in 1914, that's false. Current teaching (according to your post above) says they were chosen in 1919?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit