Gumby's "father" dead

by kurtbethel 11 Replies latest jw friends

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Art Clokey, the creator of the whimsical clay figure Gumby, died in his sleep Friday at his home in Los Osos, Calif., after battling repeated bladder infections, his son Joseph said. He was 88.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/news/la-me-art-clokey9-2010jan09,0,3938052.story

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcoKEsaoa6I

• minimus
    minimus

Geesh, I thought you were talking about OUR Gumby.

• wobble
    wobble

Yea so did I, our venerable Gumby clocked up over 14,00 posts and started some fine topics, been silent for a few months ????

Love

Wobble

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I thought you meant the poster who uses gumby as his avatar.

• unclebruce
    unclebruce

mmm .. yes what happened to the real Gumby?

• oldflame
    oldflame

For all those who don't know Gumby and I are friends and have been for 20 years. He is doing fine, he got himself reinstated so that he could have his family back and it has been a hell of a ride, and I mean it has not been fun but he loves his family and wants to keep them in his life. I asked him the other day if he had been here and he said no not for awhile he told his wife he would not frequent this site.

So he is alive, he is well as can be considering the circumstance !

Oldflame (The Ghost Hunter )

• oldflame
    oldflame

BTTT

• minimus
    minimus

principles

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes I miss him also....What a terrible thing in a FREE country
    we have to go back into bondage to keep the love of those we love

Sorry!! even though I love SO much my daughter ,& will die with out her love
    there is NO WAY I will give the WT that much control. Tell him Mouthy LOVES
    him,misses him very much.Hopes he will be able to keep his health with that much stress
    Please give him this from me

He used to call me Mouthy Granny Grace

• oldflame
    oldflame

Mouthy,

Honey I agree with you on that going back issue. I will never enter a kingdumb hall ever for any reason not even my mothers funeral as much as that will hurt me I cannot do it !

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit