Getting my GED so I can go to college

by noni1974 23 Replies latest jw friends

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

Noni, good for you! All the best wishes and encouragement here for ya lady!!

• RR
    RR
    Getting my GED so I can go to college

College? Shame on you, you should be pioneering fulltime!

• Opus92
    Opus92

Congratulations!! I'm so glad to hear you're continuing your education.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

wow good for you but how awful you have to go through all this

In Canada all you have to do is take a few college level courses extra as a mature student. I took an even shorter route. I registered for continuing education courses (college level given at night) and once I passed them I was able to register for the program I wanted.

• noni1974
    noni1974

Well I thought I would update this. I passed my GED test on the first try. I recived my diploma in January. I was very proud of myself. I'm starting College August 30. I can't wait. Everything is all set now.

I ended up moving to Kentucky in January, which didn't work out for me so, I ended up moving back to Ohio in July. I think of it as an experiment that didn't work out. So now I'm back in Cleveland and I'm all set to start college at the end of August. I'm excited. Even though my plan was delayed by the moves, I never gave up my dream. In fact I had college almost set up in Kentucky. No matter what I am going to college.

It's funny my first class on my first day at college is going to be math. LOL

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Congratulations! Best wishes.

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations! Don't be discouraged if Math seems really difficult. You can take remedial classes to catch you up. They do not count as credits for a degree, but will help you to move forward with some skills.

Be determined in your goal....keep going forward....you can do it!!!

• ValiantBoy
    ValiantBoy

Good for you Noni; this is really awesome. Don't worry about being a little weak in math skills. I dropped out of high school to pioneer. A few years later an elder and his wife helped me get my GED and encouraged me to go to college. Even though I didn't finish my degree then, I went back a few years later. I'll graduate this coming May and will be going to grad school next fall-- despite being a little weak in math :)

It's all gonna work out for you because you're doing the right thing. Way to go!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

This is the best news I have heard today!

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Noni, I bet that short detour to Kentucky just verified to you that you are doing the right thing going to college.!

Best of luck to you!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit