Preach the word pdf full color bookmarked and ocr

by bereanbiblestudent 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

This booklet was published before as a pdf but not in full color and not searchable. So here is the 1953 booklet "Preach the Word" with the English, German, French, Dutch and Afrikaanse text made searchable. I tried Greek as well but the fonts where not transferred to the pdf so I left it out.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/am6lvp

• Atlantis
    Atlantis

Bereanbiblestudent:

Thank you!

N.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Bereanbiblestudent:

Many thanks for the PDF

I also have the 1983 version entitled - 'Good News for All Nations'; Is there any call for these in PDF?

fokyc

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I don't understand what "added value" the "full color" brings to this party in this instance.

There is not a single illustration in the booklet. When you say "full color," what you mean is that the pages are yellow from age, the cover is orange, and the cover font is red. All that does is add overhead to the scan without adding any additional information. You also jump all over the place with page sizes - for what reason?

I'm also not clear on the value of making THIS particular booklet searchable, especially when every page says the same thing in a different language. Basically, it's all "Watchtower and Awake! - ten cents."

I applaud your technical skill and the dedication of time and resources you put to this task.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Some background information to this small booklet, it was replaced by "Good News for All Nations" in 1983

Released at the 1953 week long assembly:

w1953 October 1st p. 587 New World Society Assembly of Jehovah’s Witnesses

"The day’s feature was special instruction for branch servants. First speaker was Brother Knorr. Branch servants must be keenly interested in their country and its people and must be able to expand with the work. They must not be too busy to engage in the field service. “Quality, not quantity, is important! Might as well leave the sheep in the world as to bring them to an unclean organization!” At the close of his remarks Brother Knorr released a 32-page preaching aid, “PreachtheWord”, containing a testimony regarding Jehovah and the Kingdom in 30 different languages."

Please notice what Brother Knorr had to say: "Might as well leave the sheep in the world as to bring them to an unclean organization!"

fokyc

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Thanks. Interesting to see all those languages together.

• cattails
    cattails
    "Might as well leave the sheep in the world as to bring them to an unclean organization!"

This is the sort of quote that after learning of the WTS history, especially Rutherford's time, that make you want to spew your coffee.

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

Nathan people have asked for full color because some seem to think that if they show it to others then these might think it has been changed.

The pages where all scanned using the same size I just placed the booklet on that same spot on the scanner turning pages using 300dpi jet the software that transfert it seems to have used different dpi for each page, I think that is why there is a size difference.

As we are trying to get all publications scanned, it will also be good to have these booklets and tracts available if possible with text so they are searchable in that case within the file but also with a desktopsearchprogram like copernicus

The English text will be used for most of us, but some have also pdf's in German etc. if one uses a desktop search in that language those people will also get results now.

Fokyc I would be interested in that booklet.

i

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Anyone who believes the color of a page is an indication of whether or not it is a forgery doesn't know as much as they think they do.

• bereanbiblestudent
    bereanbiblestudent

I know, but it seems that some witnesses do think like that, and some even think they know everything

And as if a forgery would not backfire.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit