Why did Jesus say "Come!" "Be MY Follower?"

by wannabe 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wannabe
    wannabe

Why Did Jesus Say- "Come!" Be MY Follower?

Thursday, October 08, 2009----07:10:14 AM

In the first Century, and even now, today, nothing has changed; Jesus told his followers that he, was, their 'one teacher' and 'one leader.' {Matthew 23: 8--10} Something else that has not changed, is, Jesus, was the 'Head of the Christian Congregation.' {1 Corinthians 11:3} {Ephesians 1:22;4:15} Colossians 1:18} That too has not changed! How do we know that for certain? Because of the words of the Apostle Paul at Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday and today, and forever."

Since all of that is true, and it was Jesus who taught all of his first Century followers, and it was He himself was the one teacher and one leader of all of them; should we expect that to change now, even though he is not visibly present, walking this earth, at this time? Does he actually have to be walking this earth now, as he did in the first Century, in order to lead and teach his followers? We will learn, that he does not! Nor did he in the first Century, after his ascension, and glorification to the right hand of his Father. {Acts 2:33} From his heavenly vantage point he still continued to lead and teach them. Nothing had actually changed, other than his location. The exact same thing holds true, now, at this time. All that being said, then, why do individuals today choose to go into the main-line Churches of Christendom for their spiritual feeding? They, either knowingly or unknowingly turn their backs on the only one who can really teach them the Bible; in that he is the only one in possession of the true teaching instrument, the Holy Spirit, in his hands since the first Century?

It is now, as it was in the first Century, as Jesus himself told us:

" If any Man serve ME, let him follow ME; and where I am, there shall also MY servant be." {John 12:26} Where is he now? At the right hand of his Father. Correct? Then, where should we be, according to those foregoing words?

What Jesus was able to do from his heavenly vantage point, in the first Century, he does right now, today. He leads and teaches, all those, who have a keen desire to know the truth of his Fathers word. {John 17:17}

Just prior to his ascension back to the right hand of his Father, Jesus had told his Eleven Apostles: " And Look! I am sending forth upon you that which is promised by my Father. You, though, abide in the City {Jerusalem} until you become clothed with power from on high." {Luke 24:49} This promise was fulfilled at Pentecost, when 'tongues as if of fire sat upon each one of them.' All, at that time became filled with Holy Spirit, and started speaking with different tongues. Those in that room at the time, were amazed, because each one was hearing the magnificent things of God in their own language. This is when they received the gifts of the Holy Spirit that enabled them to cure every sort of disease, every sort of infirmity. Even to the resurrecting of the dead. {Matthew 10:2--15} {Acts 2:1 -- 47} All of that, from his heavenly vantage point. Jesus did not have to be on this earth, at that time to carry on as their one leader, and teacher; neither does he need to now.

This shows us, that the Apostles and other followers of the Christ did not receive their teachings from any human source; it was all done from the invisible heavenly realm. Notice the Apostle Pauls words on this matter: "Let me tell you my friends, that the gospel I preach is not of human origin. I did not receive it from any human being, nor did anyone teach it to me. It was Jesus Christ who revealed it to me." {Galatians 1:11} The New American Standard Bible renders it thusly: ..." I received it through a revelation of Jesus Christ." Paul repeats this at Ephesians3:3 where he tells us: ... "that by way of a revelation the sacred secret was made known to me, just as I wrote previously in brief."

Consider too, the Revelation received by the Apostle John, who penned the entire 22 Chapters of the Revelation concerning, the 'end from the beginning' foretold by Isaiah the Prophet. {Isaiah 46:10} All done from the invisible heavenly realm. More noteably, John was completely alone, when he received this Revelation, from the heavenly realm.

From this, as well as the following list of scriptures, we learn that after the ascensiion of Jesus, all of the teaching, was done in the first Century, by means of revelations from the Spirit Realm; where the Christ now resided. {Romans 16:25 - 1 Corinthians 1:7, 14:6, 26, 30 - Galatians 2:2 - Ephesians 1:7; 3:3 - That's the way it was, in the first Century! Nothing has changed! That's the way it is done now, in our own day. Nothing has changed!

With all of that in mind, just whom do we true Christians, now look to for our spiritual feeding?

The Governing Bodies Watchtower Society will tell us that the appointed faithful Slave is in their midst; appointed since the year 1919. They will also tell us, that they are "God's Organization." "God's Channel of communication." "No one can understand the Bible apart from them" That the Bible is "a sealed Book to all, but them." " Their Watchtower Magazine is "Jehovah's principle teaching instrument." They will also tell us to "listen to them, as though we were listening to the voice of God." That they, are, "The Mother of all Christian's within their ranks." Very high and lofty claims, are they not?

Who is it, that would know better than anyone else just at what time period this particular Slave was appointed, and just exactly what would be required of them in order to gain said appointment? Would not Jehovah, the one who does the calling and choosing of those ones, know exactly when, and what it was they had to do, in order to gain said Appointment? {Hebrews 5:4; {1--10} It will be seen, from scripture, that the one who does this appointing, does not agree with the Governing Body of the Watchtower Society, and he as much as tells us all, that they do not contain the anointed remnant in their midst, the faithful slave; nor are they his Channel of communication, nor his Organization, and certainly not the Mother of all Christian's. Nor is their Watchtower Magazine his channel of communuication, Nor should we "listen to them as though we was listening to the voice of God."

Rather, now, Listen to the words of Jesus, as Penned by the Apostle John: " But, until I COME, you must HOLD FIRMY to what you have. To those who WIN THE VICTORY,

who continue TO THE END TO DO WHAT I WANT. I will give the SAME AUTHORITY that I received from my Father. I will give them AUTHORITY over the Nations, to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots." {Revelation 2: 25--28}

to rule them with an iron rod and to break them to pieces like clay pots." {Revelation 2: 25--28}

By itself, this one single scripture puts the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, completely out of office; but not them alone, it puts every Religion on the face of this earth, out of office, as well; due to the fact, that the true faithful slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45 has not even, as yet been appointed to that office; they as yet have not received that authority as spoken of by the Christ. They had to continue, until the Christ actually became active in kingdom power towards this earth. They had to continue doing what the Christ had commissioned them to do, right down until the end of their lives, or the end of this system of things, when the Christ held kingdom power over this earth, as I said. Obviously, that has not occurred as yet, it is yet future. The faithful slave, as yet, has not been appointed. The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society has seriously jumped the gun; in claiming, their appointment to that office came in the year 1919. They are, like the empire of false religion on this earth, nothing more than presumptuous false prophets. Seated in the Temple of God, professing themselves to be god, as Paul foretold, choosing those offices for themselves, and ignoring the fact, that it is Jehovah alone who does the choosing of all of that class himself. That is by no means all, there's even more yet, to show their claims to be false: {2 Thessalonians 2:4}

Read now, in Revelation 11: 15--18 and learn for a fact, that the appointment of the Faithful Slave of Matthew 24:45 is definitely not done, until the day of Jehovah's anger, when his Son takes ruling authority over this earth: " Then the seventh Angel blew his Trumpet, and there were loud voices in heaven, saying, "The power to rule over the World belongs now to our LORD and to his Messiah , and he will rule forever and ever... "The heathen were filled with rage, because the time for your anger has come, thetime for the dead to be judged. The TIME HAS COME TO REWARD your servants the Prophets ... and to the HOLY ONES and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." {Revelation 11:15---18} {NWT} {GNB}

Now, anyone with merely half an eye can see, that appointment to office for the Faithful Slave, is not done, even yet; but is still yet future. We are not yet in the Day of Jehovah's anger,nor does power to rule over this World been taken by the Christ. Nor is it even time now, for the dead to be judged, and most importantly, has the time arrived to reward his servants the Prophets, or the Holy Ones and certainly Jehovah has not yet brought to ruin those ruining the earth.

All of that, is yet ahead of us, in the future. That being true, How can the Governing Body lay claim to being the appointed faithful slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45? When that Slave is not even yet appointed? Further, how can any of the main-line Religions make any claim as to being representatives of the Christ? That is entirely impossible! Neither the Governing Body of Jehovah's Witnesses, nor any of the mainline Churchs of Christendom, have the Holy Spirit upon them for learning the real Truth of the Bible. {John 14:16,17} The main reason that, that is so important, is because the Holy Spirit is Jehovah's main principle teaching instrument, not the Watchtower Magazine as claimed by them.

The Apostle James tells us, in part: "The body without the Spirit is dead." {James 2:26} So, Jehovah's view of both the Governing Body, as well all of the mailine Churchs, is a lifeless corpse.

Any wonder now, why Jesus said to us all, "Come be MY Follower?" Jesus himself was, and is now, the only one in control of the Holy Spirit, the instrument used for teaching us all the Bible. Apart from the Christ, it is impossible to take in the lifesaving knowledge needed to gain eternal life. {John 17:3}

In the Revelation account at chapter 14:1--5 we learn that all of the first Century followers of the Christ, followed Jesus right into the heavenly spirit realm. With 'the eys of their hearts enlightened,' that was an easy matter for them to do, at that time. {Ephesians 1:18} {NIV} Upon their deaths, of course, they would be resurrected to their heavenly high honor, and, then, would literally have followed the Christ right into the heavenly realm. While on earth, they followed him with their minds and their hearts into the spirit realm. {John 12:26} Just as we all should be doing today! When we need our spiritual feeding at the right time, Jesus is the only one equipped to dispense those spiritual meals; due to the fact, that he is the only one in control of the Holy Spirit; used for teaching his Fathers word of truth to all of those hungry for truth. {Acts 2:33} He is the only one who would know exactly at what level of understanding one is at, to warrent another flash of spiritual light, so as to build on their already gained knowledge.

As to how the Holy Spirit works on individuals fortunate enough to receive it, the Apostly John will explain: "The Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you everything and make you remember all that I have told you." "When, however, the Spirit comes, who reveals the truth about God he will lead you into all truth. He will not speak on his own authority, he will speak of what he hears and will tell you of things to come." "The helper will come --- the Spirit who reveals the truth about God and who comes from the Father. I will send him to you from the Father, and he will speak about me" ...{John 14:26; 15:26;16:13} [1 John 2:27 --

"But as for you. Christ has poured out his Spirit on you. As long as his Spirit remains in you, you do not need anyone to teach you. For his Spirit teaches you about everything, and what he teaches is true, not false" ...

That should tell us that no one today needs the Governing Bodies Watchtower Society, to teach them anything about the Bible; nor do they need the entire empire of religion on this earth either; none of them are in control of the Holy Spirit; Jehovah's main principle teaching instrument. Who would wish to be taught the Bible by those whom Jehovah views as a lifeless corpse? What can a dead body teach us?

Armed, as we are, with all of the foregoing, the words of Jesus at John 14:6 should have very special meaning for those reading this article, those that appreciate the Truth: Jesus said: " I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life; no one goes to the Father except by me." Of course Jesus could say that because he was the 'one mediator between men and God.' { 1 Timothy 2:5} Quite naturally, we would have to approach the Father through his Son, the Christ. There was no other way of approach, than, but through Jesus. How, though, do we gain access to the Christ, so that we can gain access to his Father? That too, is a hurdle we must make. Again Jesus at John 6:44 explains how that is done: " People cannot come to me unless the Father draws them to me; and I will raise them to life on the last day."

So, it is all in Jehovah's hands. He decides who he will draw to his Son. Who might those be? Paul tells us this, about that: " ...Jehovah knows those that belong to him ..." {2 Timothy 2:19}

Notice! Jehovah does not draw any to the Watchtower Societies Governing Body, nor does he draw them to any of the mainline Churchs. Those Jehovah knows are drawn only to his Son, his ONE mediator.

From that, it can be seen, that only those recognised by Jehovah as his own, will be drawn to his Son. Unlike the Churchs of Christendom, where anyone and everyone is welcome to sit in their pews, for the sake of adding to the collection plates passed around at each and every meeting. The more, the merrier, as it were. More converts, more cash for their coffers. It's all about money; big business! As it is also for all the Televangilists. All are the 'thiefs and robbers' spoken of by Jesus. {John 10:8}

The Governing Body of the Watchtower Society will refer to themselves as the WAY OF THE TRUTH. Anyone in association with them, is likened to be WALKING IN THE WAY OF THE TRUTH. What they are doing, either knowingly,or unknowingly, is ursurping the power and position of the Christ, who, was, as brought out, the 'WAY the TRUTH and the LIFE.' They will tell us that the way to the Father is through them, in that within their ranks dwells the anointed Brothers of the Christ; the Faithful Slave of the parable in Matthew 24:45. While the Faithful Slave Class is not among them at all, not even appointed up to this very moment in time. If that isn't audacity, I don't know, what is! They have by their high and lofty claims, lifted themselves up, heaven high. A great height to fall from, when they are finally brought low. It's a very long drop, to be sure! {Isaiah Chapter 2 -} By choosing this faithful slave class for themselves, when some fall away for various reasons, they seat themselves in the Temple of God by doing that choosing for themselves. {2 Thessalonians 2:4} Are they forgetting, it is the sole right of the Father to choose those ones? Arrogance of the highest order! Further arrogance:

It is common knowledge, that in the first Century, the Apostles was authorized, to, 'remove the wicked man from among yourselves.' {1 Corinthians 5:13 These ones disfellowshipped was to be 'handed over to the authority of satan, to teach them not to blaspheme.' 1 Timothy 1: 20 - That was when, Jehovah did, indeed have his organization on this earth, in a sense. Today though, Jehovah, not having any organization on earth at this time, that practice is not authorized. The governing Bodies Watchtower Society, not being God's Organization, as claimed, is not authorized to carry on that practice; yet in the face of that, have destroyed many family arrangements through their practice of disfellowshipping; destroyed many marriages; turning Parents against Children and Children against Parents. Not being in possession of the Holy Spirit, they do not understand the Book they claim to champion. Why do I say that? Look closely at the parable of the wheat and the weeds in the field. In that parable, the ' slaves of the householder came up, and said to him, Master, did you not sow fine seed in your field? How, then, does it come to have weeds.' ' Do you want us, then, to go out and collect them?' He said: No! that by no chance, while collecting the weeds, you uproot the wheat with them.' So, there was a danger of disfellowshipping one, who was, in actuality a member of the wheat class. A Member of the heavenly high calling of God. I wonder what part of NO! don't they understand?

So, the Governing Body, not even being appointed to represent the Christ, and carrying on their practice of disfellowshipping as they do, constitutes them as nothing more than spiritual bullies, not authorized to carry on in that practice of removing individuals from their ranks. Without realizing it though, those disfellowshipped have been done a great service, because they shouldn't be in that organization in the first place, in, that it is not Jehovah's Organization, as claimed. No more than the Popes of the Catholic Church, are 'God on earth,' or the 'vicar {representative} of the Christ.' This work of disfellowshipping was actually the work Jesus Angels are commissioned to do, at the 'conclusion of the system of things.' It was not to be done by any man, any religious organization on this earth. {Matthew 13:24--30-36--43} It is presumptuousness of the highest order. Chapter 34 of Ezekiel gives an accurate description of the Governing Bodies bullying activity, and tactics, but not only them, the entire empire of religion on this earth falls into the catagory of what is stated in Ezekiels Prophecy.

Happily! At some point in time, in the future, the entire empire of Religion, that so, encompasses and permeates our Globe will be utterly Destroyed by the Political factions of this earth, along with them, will go satan's World-Wide Political Machine, after the fall of that Religious empire. Some might complain, that it's not fair to kill all of the inhabitants of the earth, along with them. Think about it for a moment! Have the adherants of these Religions not delibarately followed this empire of false Reigion? Have they not deliberately supported these Governmental Authorities, voting for them, at every opportunity? Can they say: Oh! We didn't know this? {Proverbs 24:12} We're talking about, for the most part, highly intelligent Human beings, who know the difference between right and wrong; {Romans 1:20} Is that not correct? As regards following the Religions of this World; can they not tell the difference between the truth of the Bible, as opposed to the lie?

What is required of those who choose to follow the lie, in imitation of the devil? {John 8:44} Is that not the line of least resistance? While, on the other hand, to follow the path of truth as taught by Jesus, requires whole -Souled Devotion to the Creator; a very difficult path to trod. "Cramped and narrow is the road, leading off into life, and few are the ones finding it,' said Jesus. {Matthew 7:13,14} {Luke 13: 24} {Matthew 22: 36--38}

Speak the Truth of the Bible, to these adherents of these Religions, you are in for 'a War,' {Psalms 120:7} because they cannot stand to 'hear the real truth' of the Bible. {John 8:43,44,47} In similar fashion, the Politicians with their arrogant haughty air, they will sneer at the Truth of the Bible, when spoken to; too proud to bow to the Creator of the universe, the King of Eternity, Jehovah God. Influenced as they all are by satan the devil, who gives them their 'power and throne and great authority.' {Revelation 12:9; 13:2} As far as they are concerned, there is nothing higher than they are. {Ecclesiastes 5:8} They are all in for the shock of their lives at Armageddon. {Revelation 16: 14, 16}

We have, of course, a choice! We can remain supporting these very oppressive Religions or we can follow the counsel and direction given by Jesus at Matthew 11:28--30 the one who loved us so much, he laid down his pefect, righteous, human life to redeem us all from sin and death. {John 15:13--16} {Romans 5:12}

Listen to the words of Jesus, and then, decide: "COME TO ME, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I WILL REFRESH YOU. Take my yoke upon you and LEARN FROM ME, for I am mild tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find REFRESHMENT for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light."

Why did Jesus say: "Come! Be MY Follower? Jesus himself had put on immortality by laying down his perfect righteous human life, so that we, all of us, could gain everlasting life under the Kingdom of his God and Father. Come! Let us all, now, follow only him! Wannabe

• Chalam
    Chalam

Jesus is the man!

In fact He is God too.

Philippians 2:5-8 (New International Version)

5 Your attitude should be the same as that of Christ Jesus:
    6 Who, being in very nature God,
    did not consider equality with God something to be grasped,
    7 but made himself nothing,
    taking the very nature of a servant,
    being made in human likeness.
    8 And being found in appearance as a man,
    he humbled himself
    and became obedient to death—
    even death on a cross!

Blessings,

Stephen

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Where are you copying all that info from?

• trustsinJah
    trustsinJah

Fantastic read! Well presented and of 100% truth for vindication of Jehovah God. Well Done.

Chalam: Explain how Jesus submits himself to God if they are the same in 1 Cor 15: 24-28? It is as clear as clear can be. They are not the same being.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Chalam didn't say they are the same Being.

He said they are both God.

Sheesh!

Sylvia

• shamus100
    shamus100

Because god didn't do such a good job with Noah; he needed a better spokesman.

(Come now, just have a sense of humour about it.... *crickets*... okay, I'll just slide under the rock I came out of...)

• dinah
    dinah

*waves at Shamus*

• shamus100
    shamus100

Hola dinah,

Beaunos dias seniorita. ?Como estas? Estoy moy bien! (blathering now...drooling... stone-faced drunk...)

• dinah
    dinah

Pass the booze, you dirty ape!

• shamus100
    shamus100

passing the booze.... (burp)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit