JW Names Baby "Apocalypsis"

by daniel-p 12 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

Check this video out, and pay attention near 2:21.... if that is indeed a spanish (or other language) Revelation book, then there is some bat-shitty insane JW mother out there who named her kid Apocalypsis.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/34641678/ns/today-today_people/

• Robdar
    Robdar

Wow.

I think you are being kind to say that woman is bat shitty insane; however, I did not see in the e-article that she is also a JW.

• dissed
    dissed

Watchtower and Awake is what someone said a former hippie JW couple named their kids. True? Who knows?

I always thought Abbott would be a good boys name.

"Hey Abbott!"

• Judge Dread
    Judge Dread

I knew a lady who named her daughter "Star" back in the 70's.

How about Frank Zappa?

JW's do not hold the patent for weirdos, especially when you left, daniel p.

Judge Dread

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

I have kids named "Tribulation" {or Trib} "Endnear" {he's always late} "Generations" {changes her mind all the time} "1914" and "Glory 1975" {born in 1974 opps embarrasing changed by depol to "Keeponthewatch."}

• dozy
    dozy

The JWs in some parts of Africa tend to name their kids after missionaries. I know one ex-gilead brother who reckoned that he had 20 children named after him.

• wobble
    wobble

Does that name mean the kid has poxy lips ?

We thought it cruel to name our kids anything that was time specific , Brittany,Madonna etc, were out, especially as our kids were boys.

We also did not want weird biblical , though I always joked that if it was a girl it would have a biblical name, Jezebel , and if it was a boy, then Satan was very biblical.

Imagine shouting at those two to behave at the K.H !

Love

Wobble

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

For hundreds of years my family has been naming their kids after their parents and grandparents.

No imagination at all....

...till it gets to mine ...

No consideration given to whether, or not, I might want to be named after Biblical heroes/homosexuals/whatever, rather than that of my grandparents.

No consideration given to whether, or not, my name might fit into the spaces provided.

Let's just give the little prick every name he might hate and insist that he lives up to our definition of them and give him shit if he doesn't.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

I knew a lady who named her daughter "Star" back in the 70's.

How about Frank Zappa?

JW's do not hold the patent for weirdos, especially when you left, daniel p.

Judge Dread

I never said they did, knob-gobbler.

• dissed
    dissed

dozy

I couldn't help but think if those kids named after the missionaries also looked like them........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit