Does Your Life Have Purpose?

by minimus 24 Replies latest jw friends

• joelingeorgia
    joelingeorgia

the purpose of life is to live. This includes finding the things that make you happy, sharing these with others who have common interests

and making life better for those around you and yourself. That is all there is, there is no more.

• Opus92
    Opus92

I don't feel my life has a purpose. I'm completely satisfied with that. I'd sooner be purposeless than be an annoying snob pressing magazines and cult-think on everyone I know.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

Life isn't meant to have purpose.

• Opus92
    Opus92

Having a purpose sounds like a bit of a tall order. You're specifically put on Earth to do this and this? You mean that has to come first, before everything else? And I don't necessarily get to pick what that purpose may be? No thanks.

If you find one, and it suits you, beautiful. Some people need and want that kind of direction/structure in their lives. I don't want a purpose. I've got too many other things I want to do.

• minimus
    minimus

Navin R. Johnson had a "special purpose" if you saw the movie "The Jerk."

• minimus
    minimus

I guess having no purpose in life's ok.

• wobble
    wobble

I prefer dolphins to purposes.

love

Dyslexic Wobble

• changeling
    changeling

I no longer believe there is a set purpose for my life or any other's, or for life in general. I do believe that I have to choice and the power to give my life purpose, and so does everyone else.

My chosen purpose: To be the best version of myself possible, to enjoy life and everything around me and to make others happy in the process. :)

• Sad emo
    Sad emo
    Are Jehovah's Witnesses right about those that leave the Organization no longer having a purpose in life?

Nope!

And if they knew God's ways even half as much as they claim, they'd know that isn't true. He doesn't create anything in vain, even the 'bad' people in the Bible had a purpose - so that his glory might be displayed.

Sorry for preachin' to make my point LOL!

• garyneal
    garyneal

My purpose is to transport large amounts of cola from the bottles to the urinals.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit