in search of proofs: Attn Farkle and Nathan Natas! re; united cemetery and the WBTS

by Aussie Oz 11 Replies latest jw friends

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Hi guys, i have noticed that you two seem to have lots of knowlege at your fingertips. so i hope you dont mind me attn to you!

I have found the following information on the internet while looking into the miracle wheat:

One source said that the president of united cemetaries corporation was Bohnet, another that the president of the cemetary gave to Bohnet the 'miracle wheat.'

another lists van anburgh's testamony on the Eagle lawsuit as admitting to the two 'dummy' corporations; united cemetery and investment inc.

Are there actual documented proofs of this stuff? Like photo copies, scans or even government web sites of records etc?

If it was true that united cemetaries was a WT corp, is it still so today?

been googleing awhile now and keep finding the same stuff, but no actual links, pdf's, books, pages, actual court records or documents. Surely somebody must have them or it just becomes handed down here-say i fear.

cheers

Oz

• yknot
    yknot

Here is a link from Barbara Anderson's (JWN-Andersoninfo) site.....

http://www.watchtowerdocuments.com/downloads/1913_Some_More_Facts_About_Russell_.pdf

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thankyou Yknot. Very interesting reading indeed. I wonder and guess that the WBTS still uses many hidden corporations. When it comes to that, i cannot understand why a bible organization needs more than one base legal corporation, other than what may be required by different countries.

oz

• diamondiiz
    diamondiiz

this is my scan of Brooklyn Eagle clippings, they're not the best quality but I do have a better copy in question and I could rescan it if really neccessary.

http://www.archive.org/details/1909-1916BrooklynEagleNewsOnRussell

The article is Jan 24 1913 and what you're looking for is closer to the end of the article. That particular scan was rather dark and I had the Brooklyn Library rescan it but it's still not as good as I would like it but it's still readable. The few articles from 1913 deal with the libel suit between Russell and the Eagle.

You will also read about Miracle Wheat in the articles as that's what originally started the case. The are other articles also that give some details about early Russell and his dealings.

• RR
    RR

I have a copy of the United Cemetary's Charter ...... somewhere in my "things".

As I recall, it had a board of directors and I don't believe it was affiliated with the Society.

RR

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Thanks Diamond, downloaded and will read tonight.

RR, thankyou too. I am guessing at some time the united cemetery was sold off, or maybe just filled with JW directors who cant be traced? i Figure the tenticals of the WBTS go deep...

oz

• RR
    RR

I haven't looked at they charter in some years, I tried looking for it, but it's probably in a pile or in a box. I do remember there was a board of directors, and Bohnet was president and Russell was a member. There was no connection to the Watchtower in the charter. In fact, if you look at old photos of the cemetary, right where the Masonic temple is today, across theroad, is where the old farmhouse use to be where Bohnet lived, I believee he was a florist of sorts.

I have wondered myself what happened to United Cemetaries and whether or not it still exist on paper, if the Society owns it now. I do know that the Society had the pyramid opened to retrieve what was inside, I was told they found nothing, but who knows. If I find the document I'll scan it and make it available

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

thanks RR

yeah, i wonder too. i'll still lay bets that the WBTS still has the united cemetery corp. I'm sure they have lots of undisclosed corporations with run of the mill witnesses heading them on paper that cant be traced.

cheers

Oz

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Give the cemetery a call

(412) 931-1017

• RR
    RR

The cemetary was actually farmland owned by Charles Tayes Russell, C.T.'s uncle who left to him upon his death. Notice the different spelling of the middle name

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit