Holy Spirit gets fooled?

by In 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• In
    In

Well, I honestly don't think holy spirit would be fooled, but man certainly can be. And it looks mighty bad for Holy Spirit when a man claiming to have it makes a crappy decision.

Just for the record, I am still In, thus the name. I have noticed questions really upset the "friends". I come here to maintain some sanity.

Now, the question from the other night was: How is it that holy spirit manages to appoint some rather unqualified men, esp. with reference to the elders who are later caught for adultery, child molestation, domestic violence, etc?

I said, How are elders appointed? The process is the other elders in the congregation choose a guy they like who to their eye meets the 'qualifications'. This recomendation is sent to the branch with rec. letters, and the branch approves it and sends it on the New York HQ with their rec. Now, the people in NY probably don't know the guy who was recommended. They go on the letters of approval and some prayer. This apparently is where the Holy Spirit gets involved and tells them yes or no. Except by all logic if all these letters come to you with high praises of a fellow, it's unlikely he'll be rejected.

Thus, I reasoned, if the guys in his congregation like him, it's likely he'll make it, regardless of what perversions he's hiding.

From the outside, the answer seems clear - there is no holy spirit involved, just men.

From the inside, I can't figure out how a congregation that has dealt with an elder of this sort being revealed - how do they reason to themselves, and how do they justify it that he was appointed in the first place?

I asked the question, and the ironic response I got was that I was questioning God's Organization, and was I trying to become an APOSTATE??!! "Friends" were called in, and I've been lying my ass off for a good week now.

• sir82
    sir82

I'd like to play poker against the holy spirit. You could bluff and win every time!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Your questioning Crazy Decisions,made by Crazy People..

And..

Your looking for a Sane response?..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

A truthful answer is that The H/S cannot be fooled and this proves that the whole thing about H/S appointments is a con...

When I was in , I used to say that sometimes things happen by Gods will that we do not understand: eg, Judas was appointed to be one of the twelve, Saul was appointed King of Israel etc...

I know now that the second answer is a cop out..

• In
    In

nope, not looking for any sanity... not anymore.

haha... had the NWT bible thrown at me once for saying things do evolve and change over time

• zoiks
    zoiks
    "Friends" were called in, and I've been lying my ass off for a good week now

Yep, this is the result of openly questioning and thinking on your own. Careful, now! Thinking is a gateway drug that only leads to more thinking.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

haha... had the NWT bible thrown at me once for saying things do evolve and change over time

Thats funny!..

More people should toss that sorry excuse for a Bible..

...................... ...OUTLAW

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

They will say the person was good when appointed, then he let satan in his heart, such as Adam & Judas. Pure BS, many were appointed while doing the wrong they were eventually caught doing. To answer your question "How are elders appointed?" It starts with lots of ass kissing and posturing that you are more spiritual than all others. The rest you have already stated, local elders to Co, then to NY. I believe in Crisis of Conscience Franz said that the governing body has nothing to do with appointments, no prayers either. Pretty much a rubber stamp if you can BS the local elders.

If I am wrong about the CoC thing, please let me know.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Tell em' holy spirit doesnt exist...that will get you on the apostate watchlist even faster!

• dinah
    dinah

That whole "elders appointed by Holy Spit" is what made me know they are LIARS.

Jesus (and Elvis) have left the building.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit