The "move away" Fade

by jacquicortez 15 Replies latest jw experiences

• jacquicortez
    jacquicortez

Looking back there were quite a few families that did the "oh we're moving" fade. They would move to a rural area

or a state or two away. some would move clear across country. Then after some time no one would hear from them anymore.

It was always sister "busy body" that would say "oh I tried to get in contact with so n so...i think they stop going to the hall".

That happens when you move away from the congregation where people know you and can help you stay close to Jehovah"

• flipper
    flipper

JAQUI- Welcome to the board ! I too was one of those who moved about 80 miles away from nosy people who wanted to know why I stopped attending meetings. Including nosy elders who tried to hunt me down like I was a renegade rebel on the run or something. Fortunately after 6 years they don't bother me anymore

• Gayle
    Gayle

We moved a few times within a few years, so the "fade" was easy. The moving part was hard.

• jabberwock
    jabberwock

I've been thinking of doing this myself. Any suggestions?

• alanv
    alanv

Surely moving away from a congregation is a bit over the top. After all you have nothing to be ashamed of. If you were baptised years ago before they changed the vows they can't didfellowship you for just disagreeing with their doctrines. Only if they catch you causing divisions in the cong, then they may go after you.

• Scully
    Scully

Moving out of the congregation's and circuit's territory did a couple of things for me. First, it facilitated the fading process beyond all expectations. Secondly, it confirmed the shallow nature of the "friendships" we had had at the Kingdom Hall. It was as if we had never really existed for those people, except when they needed something from us.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I moved into an adjacent territory. And I never officially transferred, but occasionally went to the other congregation. This confused the hounders as to whose job it was to hound me, hopefully wasting precious resources so the hounders lost sleep (they "are responsible for my soul, for which they will have an accounting to Jehovah"). And I started skipping most of the boasting sessions, and turning in 1 hour per month in field circus, often turning in more than one slip at a time in an attempt to force them to waste even more time hunting for a slip (that wasn't there).

Eventually, I simply quit going altogether. Since June 2005, they got no time slips, no field circus, no boasting sessions--no nothing.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse

Thinking back there are a few people I knew who did this; I didn't realise what they were doing at the time of course.

It's something we're considering.

• llbh
    llbh

I did it, not far, though I would still have left, plus I needed a larger house for my growing family. As Scully said it did make things a bit easier.

David

• Doubtfully Yours
    Doubtfully Yours

That's the way I'd do it. Just move away. I can only dream of it for now.

DY

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit