Remember the clean rooms at the KH

by greenhornet 15 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sapphy
    Sapphy

I think some of the allergic people are just exhibiting mental/emotional stress through physical symptoms.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Never heard of a "clean room" at a K H..but I have not been around too much for a while.. There was a girl who was known to relative of mine in a different area . This teenager was described "anaphalactic". It seemed that anything could set her off into an attack. This is a real condition :

Dictionary site

"Anaphylaxis is a type of allergic reaction, in which the immune system responds to otherwise harmless substances from the environment. Unlike other allergic reactions, however, anaphylaxis can kill. Reaction may begin within minutes or even seconds of exposure, and rapidly progress to cause airway constriction, skin and intestinal irritation, and altered heart rhythms. In severe cases, it can result in complete airway obstruction"

This kid never got a room to herself though.. Blondie is right that we should not "mock the afflicted"

I do seem to have seen a higher number of those with weird illnesses among the dubs than in The World, though . I am not going to speculate why this should be.

• nugget
    nugget

Haven't ever come across this in any of the congregations in our area. Anyone who suffers from an allergic reaction certainly deserves sympathy. I have seen someone go into true anaphaliactic shock and believe me it is truly scary. People often label things as allergies when in reality they are sensitive to or intolerant to something which is much less serious. I can't see how anyone sitting in a room at the back of the hall would receive any protection at all to air borne particles. Espeacially since most quick build halls lack windows so all air is circulated through the air conditioning system.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The congregation I used to go to has had three different Kingdumb Hells, including a borrowed one while the new Kingdumb Hell was built. And none of these had any special provisions whatsoever for people that were very sensitive to the outside world (and its physical pollution), or anything else for that matter. They are required to go suffer in a regular Kingdumb Hell and do field circus, even if it kills them, or they would be held as bad examples against people that cross rivers with crocodiles or waste $600 a boasting session renting a helicopter.

• friday77
    friday77

There was about 16 years or so ago, in a KH 3 counties over of a C.O.'s wife who had to placed in a clean room setting. However, one of the elder

's wives was so perturbed about this that she deliberately came near with an opened perfume bottle and poured some of it on her back when she was sitting down

!! 3 of the friends were shocked and astonished by this sister's action. The C.O.'s wife started to weese deeply and they had to take her out of the KH. The elder's wife? She claimed and feigned innocence and begged pardon. This sister (elder's wife) later on was reproved for adultry and the elder remarried. The C.O. and his wife are now still pioneering on the infirm list in another state, or so I've been told.

• arwen
    arwen

We had a few women who wore masks to all the meetings and spent tons of money on a holistic treatment to release allergies.. this was provided by a JW who specilized in this and other forms of treatment. I think the name for it was NATE. Some people sat in the library to keep themselves out of the air of the congregation. The hall had a serious problem with mold in the basement. The sold it a few years ago to people who run a day care center there now.. Poor kids..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit