Sent anonymous letters to the society?

by Truthexplorer 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Hi all,

Just wondered if many of you have sent any anonymous letter to the society expressing your view points and unhappiness with the way things are.

I am in the process of doing this, but wish to keep it personal and not show it on this forum as there is too much in the letter that might give me away. The letter will be very sincere and honest. It will be about 10 pages long and I will be sending copies to the Governing body and to the writing department at Brooklyn.

I am not expecting anyone to read it at Bethel, but feel that it will be worth a try. The letter will be a mixture of negative and positive feedback for them to reflect on.

If you have sent one, have you a copy of it you feel comfortable enough to share with us on this thread or simply share some of the things you had written in the letter you sent.

TE

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    You wrote: ... there is too much in the letter that might give me away.

If there is too much that might give you away on this forum, there is likely too much that may give you away to HQ - including the postmark on the envelope.

Seems to me that there have been a few posts on here by others who have written both anonomously and not. Sorry I do not remember who those people were so cannot provide links for details.

Let us know how it goes.

-Aude.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

waste of time

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Good point Aude Speare,

I had thought of that. I am trying to find out the best and most effective way of going about this. I had also thougt about sending it via email using an anonymous email address, but again need to be wary about my email details/signature code etc.

Thanks for pointing it out though

Mike,.... er I mean TE

(lol - just kidding )

• Slayerbard
    Slayerbard

Yeah I know people who have wrote them with simple questions and told them who they were, the socitey read it.. replied and send a copy to their local elders as well. LOVLY. Email you got to watch cause they can get your ISP addy and find out where you live.. also post marks can give you away too. SOOOO Unless you can have a friend do it for you in another state (I've done this. make sure they cut and paste into a new email and not FWD though). I wouldn't do it honestly. The rats are everywhere.

• RR
    RR

I did, complaining about the congregation and my fellows elders. I first wrote to the body, but they didn't listen, then it was sent to certain members in the congregation, when that didn't work, I sent it outside the congregation, then it went to the Society, and all hell broke loose. The Society sent someone to investigate, the elders suspected it was me but had no proof. At the same time someone else was mailing out apostate literature and I was getting blamed for it. In the end, I stepped down and walked out!

RR

• Truthexplorer
    Truthexplorer

Thanks everyone for replies

Ok, now I am starting to get scared.

I am glad you are giving me plenty of advice here.

Will take this on board and think carefully before sending.

TE

ps RR - Hopefully I will avoid all hell breaking loose

You are certainly braver than most in what you did. Fair play to you.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

As a fellow ex, I agree with WAC. It's a waste of time... unless...

Send the letter as coming from someone else in a local congregation. Someone who is already know to be disgruntled in the congregation. A letter of complaint arrives in Brooklyn. Hell will break loose for someone other than you. That's a dirty trick. But revenge on a cult isn't supposed to be pretty is it?

Visit bethel, put the letter in an intra-bethel envelope, drop it in the inside mail addressed to Don Adams or Harold Jackson. They're not the top, but close enough to ruffle feathers.

Actually, something that is much more productive is to send a brief anonymous letter to someone that is studying, interested, related to, or friends with JWs.

• dissed
    dissed

TE

An unsigned letter will get tossed with no one benefitting at all.

If you really want to help????

Post the letter here with redactions if you must. At least 1,000's here can get the benefit of your thoughts and who knows how far it will go to change things?

• RR
    RR

I was just having some fun, I was on the way out anyways, was just looking to add fuel to the fire!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit