My daughter has a JW friend at our home for a sleep-over tonight !! Help!

by moshe 35 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

Man is this strange. This is the family who told me to leave the two sisters alone who were doing our neighborhood a few months back.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/182204/1/Moshe-unloads-on-JWs

The husband and wife always looked the other whenever they drive by my house. Once I realized they were doing this I made a point of always giving my neighbor a big wave and a smile! I find it strange that they allowed their 10 year old daughter to have a sleepover at our home. Her teenage brother came to the door with her stuff and he was a friendly lad. What do you make of this? The girls are having a great time playing together tonight. She told me her family went to see the 3D Avatar movie last Friday, too. Would active JW's go to that movie?

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

they want to quit but need your help

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

SMURFS! You need to stock up on smurf tchotchkeys and ephemera! Pronto! I'm talking blankets, sheets, towels, dolls in every conceivable size, drinking glasses, etc. etc. Go totally smurf on them, and then say, "Mi casa azul es tu casa azul." (My blue house is your blue house).

Have a few bottles of Hypnotiq (http://www.hpnotiq.com/) chillin in the fridge, and crackers with blue cheese.

Send the little girl home with a smurf named BluBaalz.

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

They're ten years old for Christs' sake, it's not like you have a CO or old Pioneer sister spending the night at your house!! I don't get what the conflict is, once again mentioning that they're just 10 years old and enjoying each others company, geeez, some of us EX Dubs sound like we're still in and have no backbone !

• Satanus
    Satanus

Maybe it was the waves and smiles that you have been giving them. They may think that you're not so bad, afterall.

S

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

They want the Kingdom Hall chairs back..

................. ...OUTLAW

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Are you sure she's not some kind of kid-sized robot that will murder you while you sleep?

• notewe
    notewe

Ok...seriously...balance people!!

They are kids...you seem friendly...and your daughter is friends with her daughter! As to Avatar...why wouldn't any "active" Witness see this movie? We aren't talking 30 years ago when "damn" was the freakin' "f" word! Be happy for your daughter!

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    Satanus wrote: Maybe it was the waves and smiles that you have been giving them. They may think that you're not so bad, afterall.

I would tend to agree. I would just forget the past and all the JW stuff and move on with being good neighbors.

I personally would not instigate any JW discussion and would try to diffuse any that they may start. Keep it all neutral. Maybe bake cookies with the girls in the morning and let the JW girl bring some home to her parents.

Enjoy!

-Aude.

• dissed
    dissed

Ok, that is strange.

You should have the parents over for coffee and share your past with them. lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit