Crtical Analysis of the Proclaimers book

by cantleave 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cantleave
    cantleave

Just found this on Google. I'm sure this has probably been posted on JWN before, but its new to me and will be to others.

http://www.cftf.com/booklets/proclaimers/index.html

• pat1060
    pat1060

Hay thanks for this...I have been looking for something like this to see what they did to change the Divine Purpose book.....

• snowbird
    snowbird

I've read it before and loved it.

Sylvia

• RR
    RR

This is the abridged version. the hardcopy has much more information. I sold mine on ebay years ago

• pat1060
    pat1060

Oh yea....I have been reading it off and on all day...now I want the hard copy.....I'm going to find it...I bought the divine purpose book on E-bay...thanks for the information...

• agonus
    agonus

I've got the Proclaimers book. I've recently used it to refute a recent article that claims Russell taught only a few would go to heaven. Unless you believe that "the great crowd" means "a few", this is patently false.

• blondie
    blondie

Here are some comments by Alan Feuerbacher on the Proclaimers book as well.

http://corior.blogspot.com/2006/02/notes-on-proclaimers-book.html

• pat1060
    pat1060

Thanks a lot Blondie...this stuff is very interesting....

• cantleave
    cantleave

BTT for newbies

• sd-7
    sd-7

Great thing is, the WT has made interesting references to events recorded in more detail in the Proclaimers book (like 4 out of 7 of the board of directors wanting Rutherford to return decision-making authority to the board as a whole, as discussed in the July 15, 2013 WT). I've read some of the critical analysis before, and it's excellent stuff. The Proclaimers book is very revealing once you understand that the history is spread out amongst its pages so as to dilute the proof of flip-flops in doctrine and so on... --sd-7

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit