Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 12-27-09 WT Study (LOVELESS WORLD)

by blondie 18 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

A loving friend giving counsel? So, what happens if one of them is doing something that is totally amoral? Many things are amoral--growing a beard, wearing clothing that looks best or suits the weather instead of what you are supposed to, matters that are in the bedroom, and the like. Others, such as not doing field circus or attending boasting sessions when the cost of doing so exceeds the benefit, are simply common sense.

Now, what happens if a person hounds someone to death for that? They are hounded to do more field circus when the cost of doing more exceeds the benefits. They are supposed to dress according to the rules (I have even seen "guidelines" for Beth Hell dress, along with "suggestions" that people dress that way for regular boasting sessions). Or, they get harassed to throw away perfectly good music and videos. I would not call this "true friends".

A true friend might give advice, such as helping someone succeed when they are trying to learn. One might, for instance, offer helpful hints to start a business, or suggestions on what [soon to be illegal] vitamins to take to mitigate or prevent a medical condition. And, they might help out when there is a problem--but, once they start creating problems where none existed, and imposing "suggestions" with hounding and enforcement to ensure that it is obeyed (such as the "loose conduct" and "double honor" rules), it ceases to be useful and starts to be intrusive.

There is only one thing I would recommend hounding anyone about. If a person is making a practice of initiating the use of force, threats of force, or fraud against another person or their property, this practice will have to stop. This goes as much for fake "pandemics" and "energy crises" as it does for fake Armageddon threats. And, if anyone makes a practice of telling others that they need to be "saved" (along with self-serving "guidance" to that end), chances are good that they are initiating fraud. Usually, they aren't even aware of it--thus, they will probably need some help to get into the real truth--while minding their own businesses.

• Juli
    Juli

I can hardly believe that this is the sort of thing the Watchtower puts out as a "study" article. Just unbelievable to think of grown adults the world over sitting in halls going over this tripe paragraph by paragraph like they are a bunch of socially stunted morons incapable of understanding the most elemental things of life, like friendship, without the sage guidance of the Watchtower. Boy, this is truly "meat" for a mature Christian, isn't it????

• undercover
    undercover

However, during these last days, people in general are disloyal and fail to show natural affection. (2 Tim. 3:1-3) The friendships they do form are often shallow and self-serving.

Hello, Pot? Meet Kettle...

Another way you can take the initiative in making friends is by inviting different ones to share with you in the preaching work. When you stand at a stranger's door and hear your companion speak from the heart about his or her love for Jehovah, you cannot help but be drawn closer to that individual.

Misery loves company...

remember that a true friend will be happy that you are trying to improve your life. He or she may even want to join with you in learning about Jehovah. On the other hand, false friends will "go on speaking abusively of you" because you do not run with them to the same low sink of debauchery."

Yep...this one is true. So when you try to improve your life and your JW friends talk about you behind your back or even shun you, you'll know that they were never your true friends.

We cannot expect to remain a friend of God if we side with those who choose to be friends of the world. The disciple James wrote: "Do you not know that the friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever, therefore, wants to be a friend of the world is constituting himself an enemy of God." (Jas. 4:4) We can prove our love for God by trusting that He will help us cope with the loss of a friend if we are loyal to Him. (Read Psalm 18:25.) The sister quoted earlier sums up the matter: "l learned that we cannot make someone love Jehovah or love us. Ultimately, it is a personal choice."

Typical black/white thinking of the WTS. You can't do this if you're doing that. No in-between. You're good or bad. The end of this is sneaky as well. They equate loving Jehovah as loving them as a friend. If they don't love Jehovah, then they obviously can't love you.

Good friends not only accept wise counsel but also give it. Of course, we need to discern when "to mind [ourJ own business." (1 Thess. 4:11) And we must also recognize that each of us "will render an account for himself to God."(Rom. 14:12) But when necessary, a loving friend will kindly remind a companion about Jehovah's standards. (1 Cor. 7:39) For example, what would you do if you noticed that an unmarried friend was becoming emotionally attached to an unbeliever? Out of fear of harming your friendship, would you hold back from voicing your concerns? Or if your friend ignored your counsel, what would you do? A good friend would seek the help of loving shepherds in assisting acompanion who has taken a false step. Such a course requires courage. Yet, no lasting damage will come to a friendship based on love for Jehovah.

Can you make up your mind? And while you're at it, apply the scriptures correctly...

So do you mind your own business or do you run to the elders to tattle-tale? And Romans 14:12 says "render an account for himself to God" not, "render an account for everyone else by telling on them to the elders". Why doesn't that verse apply to the friend who might be going astray?

CULT CULT CULT

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

This article is so pathetic I don't even know where to start.

"When must a friendship end?" Well, it shouldn't be based on someone deciding to change their religion.

Pathetic...but definitely a scare tactic.

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

2. Today, what a pleasure it is to be associated with a worldwide organization whose members follow the pattern set by

those first-century Christians!We are determined to obey Jesus' command to display genuine love for one another.

However, during these last days, people in general are disloyal and fail to show natural affection. (2 Tim. 3:1-3)

Leave it to the 5th grade writing department to write this garbage. (Are the attending any Kingdom Halls to see what's really going on?)

How many times have you seen fueds between Elders where some don't even talk to each other?

How many members leave the congregation and join another congregation because of genuine hate for one another?

How many are ''marked'' because they are spiritually weak?

How many cliques are there in the congregation?

How many are sick at home or in the hospital where no one visits or calls?

BLONDIE:THANK YOU FOR WALKING IN THIS BULL FOR ALL OF US WHO LOST ALL RESPECT FOR THIS ORGANIZATION!

• yesidid
    yesidid

Thanks Blondie,

Cant comment on the article. Makes me sick.

yesidid

• dgp
    dgp

I appreciate the post very much, because it touches me deeply. It didn't matter that I showed her my love in every way. It didn't matter that she confessed to friends that "I was indeed a good man". It didn't matter how her hands where shaking, and how she was obviously touched when I told her I loved her. For a minute, she hesitated. It didn't matter that for a long time I saw that she loved me. The whole thing was, "You're not one of Jehovah's witnesses"...

In these times, I couldn't show her my love. It won't matter. It will make things even worse. I can offer help, but she won't take it. I can offer love, but she won't admit she loves me back. I am not one of Jehovah's witnesses.

All she could offer was a Bible study with an elder. And I was informed enough to know that was not the way to go. Still, I went to the Kingdom Hall with her.

Now, it doesn't matter anymore.

• sir82
    sir82
    12. When a Bible student begins to make changes in his lifestyle, he may face a real challenge regarding friendships.
    He may have companions whose company he enjoys but who do not live by the Bible's moral code. In the past, he may
    regularly have spent time socializing with them. Now, though, he sees that their activities could have a bad influence on
    him, and he feels the need to limit his contact with such companions.

Anyone else catch the subtle shift here?

In an article talking about "friendships", and now on the sub-topic of "persons studying to be JWs", the JW student doesn't have non-JW "friends" - they are merely "companions". He didn't have deep emotional bonds with them, he merely "socialized" with them.

Typical JW style. They are reinforcing the idea that true friendships don't exist outside of the organization. If you ever "leave Jehovah", the best you can hope for is a miserable life with no friends, just a few shallow "companions" to "socialize" (JW translation - get drunk or high) with.

These writers are real snakes in the grass, but they are awfully effective at what they do.

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks,Blondie

I can not believe this S#$#%.Why do they always say "people of the world do not love God".Many people of the so called "world" show more love to one another that is true friendship and love God more than the phony love that Jehovah's Witnesses show to one another.

Bob

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit