I feel so down :(

by creativhoney 34 Replies latest jw friends

• mamochan13
    mamochan13

creativhoney - I've been there, too. It's interesting that you question whether there is something in our upbringing that makes us pushovers and forgiving of unworthy people. I think there is something in the JW mentality, particularly if you are female. I stuck it out in an abusive relationship for a long time because I believed (with the counsel of the elders) that it was my role as a wife and mother to be subservient and that my mate might eventually "see the truth" through me. My daughters all have trouble finding healthy relationships as well, and I do think it is rooted in JW thinking where women are undervalued and made to feel guilty if they stand up for themselves. There is also the thinking that you must define yourself through your role as a good wife and mother - so we keep subjecting ourselves to bad relationships because we believe it is the right and normal thing to do - to not be in a relationship and instead be strong and independent is contrary to JW tenets that keep women in their place.

• creativhoney
    creativhoney

you will crave your husband and he will dominate you...

he was just a boyfriend, after my divorce. I think I tried to use him as a replacement for everything else I lost. - talk about separation anxiety, the sheet panic i felt when I thought of him not being there, the sadness every day when he left. - the high when he came back after 5 months, instantly forgiving his bad behaviour, and letting him in my house and life again, knowing the circumstances were the same.. - Jeez I even accepted the fact that he didnt want me on his facebook.. ? - despite 450 'true friends' on there.. of course he didnt, then I could see him arranging dates and sex under my nose like before and wouldnt have helped him out and that would not suit his purposes at all would it>?so why do I even have feelings for such a 'douchebag'?

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere
    despite 450 'true friends' on there

The only men (over 35) that I've seen have that many friends on Facebook were gay.

-Aude.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

Creativhoney;

getting over my wife was easy really. The stress of the last few years in the 'trooth' kinda killed it and after two years seperated there were no feeling left.

getting over the next major g/f was really hard. I actualy pined for when in the next relationship. all up it took 3 years to get over her and another year to get over the next one.

lots of pain but worth it in the end because it helped me know what i wanted and did not want in a partner.

Time is the best healer, eventualy you will wake up one morning and realize he was not the main thing on your mind anymore.

Oz

• watson
    watson

Being an ex JW, maybe you need to work on your felatio skills.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit