Service groups on Christmas Day.......Can't they leave people alone for one day?

by RULES & REGULATIONS 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RULES & REGULATIONS
    RULES & REGULATIONS

My wife took our dog for a walk this morning around 9:30 a.m. and saw a ''service group'' leaving my uncle's house this morning. She said there were about 8 people getting in 2 cars. She asked me, ''Why would they go out today when people are celebrating Christmas''? I explained that everyone is home today and the WTS thinks that householders are more happy today and will listen more than usual.

I always thought that out of all the days people shouldn't be bothered by the preaching work...... it would be today. How come it's alright for Witnesses to bother people today but you couldn't bother them on meeting nights?

• sspo
    sspo

Did not mind going in service all year long but i hated going out on Dec. 25 and Jan. 1.

Always felt people should be left alone with their families to enjoy these holidays and not argue

about the bible.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

They have to warn people that Jesus is going to soon kill them. They can't let something like a national holiday stand in the way. The message is urgent. The end is just around the corner.

• PEC
    PEC

Have the front door camera on picture-in-picture. I am ready, come on over. I have some good news to share with them.

Philip

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

They want to tell people that today is not Christ's birthday , they get very hyped over this.

We've got the truth and your pagan.....na ...na .na...na

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Yea I avoided the holidays in service because I really felt like I was intruding on their day

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

"Good morning!..

We`re too Embarrassed to tell you,who we are(Jehovah`s Witness`s)..

Our life Sucks..

We knock on peoples doors at Christmas,because we`re Idiots..

Would you like to know more?"..

..................... ...OUTLAW

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I have heard big buildups toward getting people out in field circus on Christmas Day. They would have door to door work beginning at 9:30--a big deal about the extra half hour. They wanted to take advantage of everyone being home that day--to ruin people's gatherings. Many are expecting company that day, so let's take advantage of that so they can have the day ruined even before company comes. They will answer the door if they are expecting company that day.

What I hated about Christmas field circus was precisely that everyone is home--and I narrowly got out of it one year. I was invited to waste Christmas Eve at one of the hounders' homes, and they were planning on going out in field circus that day. Of course, Satan dumped about 5 inches of snow on the ground and the father had to work. Instead of field circus, I wasted the day on a trip to the A$$embly Hell (out of use), and then to another Kingdumb Hell (also out of use). I wasted that day, but at least I didn't p*** off any householders or ruin anyone's day by barging on them when they are expecting regular company.

• HintOfLime
    HintOfLime

They're not willing to celebrate the birth of their biblical messiah. But they're completely willing to exploit it.

- Lime

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

I remember a woman who came into the "truth" when somebody visited her on Christmas Day.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit